·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MATTHEW SWEET - "Philadelphia 1992"
Chestnut Cabaret, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
April 1st, 1992
Excellent Soundboard Recording

Notes: an excellent radio broadcast of Matthew Sweet just starting to hit his stride, with a powerful backing band playing up a storm this is a great showcase for his current "Girlfriend" album, which we get a number of songs from performed this evening with a handful of goodies tossed in for good measure, such as a great version of The Beatles "She Said She Said".

01 Divine Intervention
02 I’ve Been Waiting
03 When I Feel Again (original released on Matthew's "Earth" album from 1989)
04 Winona
05 Does She Talk?
06 Looking at the Sun
07 Superdeformed (original released on "No Alternative" a alternative rock compilation album from 1993)
08 You Don’t Love Me
09 Day For Night
10 Girlfriend
11 Evangeline
12 Mr Soul
13 She Said She Said (Lennon/McCartney) (a live version was released on "Born to Choose" a compilation album released in 1993 as a benefit album with proceeds going to support NARAL, the Brooklyn Women's Anti-Rape Exchange and Women's Health Action and Mobilization)
14 Holy War
15 Sing Me Back Home
16 Hey Joe

Original Uploader:
For a year in the early ’90s, Matthew Sweet worked with Lloyd Cole, Robert (Voidoids) Quine, Richard (Television) Lloyd and Fred Maher, among others, working on Girlfriend, which was released in 1991 to critical acclaim. It was really a smashing slab of guitar pop and widely acknowledged as Sweet's breakthrough album. And here is Sweet making the rounds, promoting the album.

https://www.mediafire.com/?pxrxy7nevnflz91

:woot2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't wait to listen to this. Do you know if it's Quine on guitar? Ivan Julian used to fill in for him on guitar on some tours as he disliked touring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't wait to listen to this. Do you know if it's Quine on guitar? Ivan Julian used to fill in for him on guitar on some tours as he disliked touring.
I was going to ask the same thing. Julian was no slouch but Quine was amazing. On the TV appearances I saw him make for this album it was always Julian so I would guess that's who played on tour as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts