Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forum. My name is Thorne, I play guitar, bass, keyboards and I'm trying to learn drums. This is a little song I threw together this afternoon. I played all instruments.

Music---> Melancholy <---Music

Here's some quick info on what I used

Host: Tracktion
Amp: Line 6 Vetta II :rock:
Guitar: Uh, I'd rather not say. I don't want anyone to know that I even own a Squier. :icon_redf
Bass: Ibanez SRX705 running directly into the recording device.
Drums: Drumkits From Hell 1 (Sample Library)
Audio Card: EMU 1820M

Feel free to comment.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmm... 17 views as of this post, and no replies. Does that mean that no one likes this track?

I'm welcome to constructive criticism, so if there's something that you don't like about it then feel free to say so. The playing isn't anything flashy or impressive like the stuff that Guitarwizard2003 posts, but that's not my style, and quite frankly I can't play nearly as well as Guitarwizard2003.

Still, if anyone thinks that it's a nice little piece, or appreciates the composition then go ahead and say so. If there's something about it that is bugging you, then let me know so that I won't do it again.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
it is very well recorded and uses the space well. Good stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. Most of my stuff usually ends up being dark and foreboding. I suppose that's just my style.

I'm in the middle of writing a new piece that I think might be a bit more like what I'm hearing here on the forum. It's much more fast paced, and the guitar playing is as flashy as my meager guitar skills can muster.

Hopefully I'll have it finished by tonight, but I have to go to work in a few hours, so I can't make any promises.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.