Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres one for all you Old School players like myself - Memphis Tennessee.

I did this song a long time ago, like 1993 - but I still think this track is kinda cool. For one thing I was doing a lot of experimenting with vocals - so you all get to hear me sing on this one - complete with background vocals!

The main slide guitar was my old Gibson SG with PAF DiMarzio's and a Kahler. (The guitar is no more) Note background slide fills..

Drum machine was a stupid old Yamaha with pads - I was actually hitting the pads with drum sticks - how low tech eh? But it's all I had at the time - so I just went for it.

The song may be too long but I didn't care - it was all for the fun of the music.

Hope you all have a listen! It's a real raw sounding thing I think - kinda Johnny Rivers like :) Hehehh

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa, aweosem job!!:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
This was rockin PJ!!!...Got ma booty shakin with this tune!!!..Love the slide guitar...and vocals were awsome!!

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
god tune! always dug this turn. i love George Thorogood and the Destroyers did this tune. Like your work on this! sounds killa! wtg!:icon_thum

·
Registered
886 Posts
You are one hell of a slide player man. Who cares if it sounds raw it's pretty damn good. Vocals are class too.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The vibe on this is really cool. It actually feels kind of like a vintage recording that you'd hear on a 45. The slide sounds great and the whole song just rocks - a lot!! :devilchil

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
this is brilliant. I love the playing but the drums are brilliant mate! I love it when the beat goes slightly off it makes it so human. but as for the rest I have to say the playing and the singing is superb. It also helps that this is one of my favourite Chuck Berry songs.

Top job!

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Goport said:
this is brilliant. I love the playing but the drums are brilliant mate! I love it when the beat goes slightly off it makes it so human. but as for the rest I have to say the playing and the singing is superb. It also helps that this is one of my favourite Chuck Berry songs.

Top job!
Brilliant? Think maybe thats a little much there Goport old pal? Thanks much though. Yeah the drums, OMG - imagine me wacking on those Yamaha drum pads - what a sight I bet it was. Yeah the drums are barely* sufficent. But like I said at the time it's all I had.

Thanks Goport, Rock On!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts