Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, it would be real nice if you guys could help me out here a bit. i'm currently looking for an amp head under 1000$, has lots of bottom end, has tons of gain, and a pretty good clean channel. if anyone could help me by giving some input on this it would be wonderful. the more info the merrier. thanks bye

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys for all the input. what randall amps would you say? like the rm100 or something like that(the modual one???), or like a cyclone or titan or something?

also, has anyone played or owned a B-52 AT100 head??? how does that sound?

·
Registered
500 Posts
%150 Is what you WANT!!!

IMO, the best metal amp for that price range has gotta be the original 5150 Head, if you can find one. The thing is a monster!!!! The AT-100 is pretty cool, and sounds good, but I like the 5150 better. I got mine for a very reasonable price. The AT-100 does have a very nice clean sound, but the crunch was a little weak, and the lead was OK.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you for the great info. that's really good to know, since my friend is thinking of getting an AT-100 soon. do you think that the 6505II is any good? is it just as good? or a worse or better??thanks guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts