Metallica
August 18, 2013
Olympic Park
Seoul, KOR
(Source 2 - Fight Fire With Seoul)

Download:
https://mega.nz/#F!RwoDWCjS!1V5JA1rBqgvZscBKPLjPpw

Setlist:
http://www.metpage.org/index2.php?option=com_concert&Itemid=65&task=concert_info&cid=2008&pop-up=1

---------------------------NOTES------------------------------

Metallica - Fight Fire with Seoul

@City Break Festival 2013, Jamsil Olympic Stadium : Seoul, South Korea
August 18, 2013
138:19 / 12:57

Source : IEM + Audience
Lineage : Silver 2CD-R from See No Evil Records (S.N.E. 208) > Easy CD Extractor > THL > FLAC
Ripped & shared by sousourn1823 on Metpage - August 2016

Correct show : yes, Seoul is said many times.
Notes : Purchased from a japanese bootlegs shop. Awesome recording !!!

The Ecstasy of Gold
Hit The Lights
Master of Puppets
Holier Than Thou
Ride The Lightning
Kirk Doodle #1
Fade To Black
The Memory Remains
Cyanide
Robert Doodle
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Sad But True
...And Justice For All
One
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Blackened
Kirk Doodle #2
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Creeping Death
Fight Fire With Fire
Seek & Destroy
The Frayed Ends of Sanity Outro

Bonus :
Sound-check

Enjoy !!

Notes provided via LiveMetallica.com
------------------------------------

This was the fourth time that Metallica performed in Seoul, South Korea.

Metallica first played in Seoul on April 24, 1998 during the Poor ReTouring Me tour.

Metallica last performed in Seoul on August 15, 2006 during the Escape from the Studio 2006 tour.

The boys played six songs that had never been performed in Seoul including "Hit the Lights," "Holier Than Thou," "Ride the Lightning," "Ride the Lightning," "Cyanide," "Blackened," and "Fight Fire With Fire."

Metallica performed 18 songs off of seven albums: Kill 'Em All (2), Ride the Lightning (5), Master of Puppets (2), ...And Justice for All (3), Metallica (4), Reload (1), Death Magnetic (1)

·
JITF Admin
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is an "official" recording of this show available to purchase online at livemetallica.com, so posting this version is surely contrary to the spirit of sharing on Guitars101.

LiveMetallica.com | Download Metallica August 18, 2013, CITYBREAK at Olympic Park, Seoul, KOR MP3 FLAC
If this is the case, I apologize and feel free to ask for it to be removed.

However, I am aware of LiveMetallica (of course), however, I was not aware that audience/IEM recordings could not be shared, just because there might be an 'official' release. If this is the case, then all audience shows from Metallica from 2004-2017 would not be allowed.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If this is the case, then all audience shows from Metallica from 2004-2017 would not be allowed.
Indeed, there are very few post-2004 shows on this site.

The issue is that if people manage to obtain another recording of a show for free, some of them who may have been willing to pay for an official version will not purchase it thereby depriving the artist of income.

Most artists are relaxed about bootlegs because they realise that they are sought after by hardcore fans who is most cases pay for the official releases and go to the live shows; they are not so relaxed about free alternatives to official releases though.

In the case of Metallica, they provide lots of free stuff recorded prior to 2004, and hope that fans pay for the later stuff.

I don't think Guitars101 would not want to upset artists or give them cause for concern. Remember Lars and Napster! :wink:

·
JITF Admin
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Indeed, there are very few post-2004 shows on this site.

The issue is that if people manage to obtain another recording of a show for free, some of them who may have been willing to pay for an official version will not purchase it thereby depriving the artist of income.

Most artists are relaxed about bootlegs because they realise that they are sought after by hardcore fans who is most cases pay for the official releases and go to the live shows; they are not so relaxed about free alternatives to official releases though.

In the case of Metallica, they provide lots of free stuff recorded prior to 2004, and hope that fans pay for the later stuff.

I don't think Guitars101 would not want to upset artists or give them cause for concern. Remember Lars and Napster! :wink:
Look, I appreciate your honest and candid reply, I truly do.
However, my reply was not about what my personal opinion on the matter was, but rather on what G101's rules are. If I am in violation, as I said, please feel free to have my thread removed, I will totally understand.

However, it is my personal opinion that I do not see a big deal sharing audience or otherwise-captured recordings of shows that just so happen to also be "officially released" by a band. I can understand the logic, but I disagree with it. I pay for the official LiveMet stuff, as well as collect the audience-only recordings, etc.

Some bands might feel slighted, but there's nothing I can do about this. And in reality, most bands would not take action against something like this. I understand you were making a joke about Napster and Lars Ulrich, but that was something entirely different; in which they did what they thought necessary to protect their studio album materials from being disseminated by random internet goers for all to download at lesser quality and without paying for the goods.

Anyhow, won't get into this any further. Thanks for looking out for the board, your efforts are appreciated :thumb::irock:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Thanks, but...

This one is rather complicated as far as if this should be posted or not. One the one hand its IEM and audience sourced. On the other the IEM comes from the soundboard so the livemetallica version and this one are sourced from the same recording. Like I said this one is complicated.

Livemetallica used to offer older shows for free. They now are charging for those old shows. It makes me wonder if the goal was to copy right them to crack down on bootleggers. Regardless of the reason I think we (people who collect boots) should start to be extra careful. Metallica won't just ask for a boot to be removed they will do a cease and desist for the whole site. Lets hope that never happens!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts