Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
nice guitar tones!! did u layer/double ur rhythms? cuz they sound really really really heavy and thick!!!
good sound!!! good job! ,,,

·
Registered
120 Posts
what equipment did you use?
the sound was amazing!

didn't like so much the backing track though..

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
YEAH! Excellent tone and playing on that one dood! This is one of my all time Metallica faves too. Of course I dont have too many Metallica faves that came out after the black album cuz thats when they started suckin pretty hard. hehehehe Anyway, I am curious what equips you used as well. I am guessing a POD thingy of some sort.

Rj

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Great job Chris! Perfect tone! I'm guessing this is the POD XT?? Very tight playing and a good mix (but the lead could come up some). Kickass:jam:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks Charlie. Yah its the podxt with the main riffs layered and panned. After i mixed the file down, i seemed to lose some of the volume on the lead tracks. I thought they were louder before. Could be just my shotty hearing...lol.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I really love this song and I love this version!! :thumb:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't upload the patch here and I can't submit it to Tonetransfer right now on the line6 site. Temporarily unavailable for the moment. I believe i can email you the patch if you like. Just pm me.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Hey cool I was going to do this one soon but now I dont have to because you did!! It sounded really good man! loved the tone

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Man your tone kicks ass!!!!...Killa fkin job on this hun!!!:bowdown:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was fkin awesome, killa job on a killa Tallica Tune!! :thumb: :thumb: :rock: :rock:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Me too I love your guitar tone on this song... Could you please tell me what's your amp/guitar/pick/cable/color of your pickups ?

(lol just tell me the model of your guitar and your amp! thx ;) )

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Kick ass cover and kick ass tone man! this rocks!!!!! I always loved this tune! you did fantastic work on this! rockin indeed! wtggg!!!!:icon_thum :rock: :rock: one question on this.... the original of this on the cd,, if you jam with it,, the guitars were tuned like E sharp.. diod you have to tune to that for this backing? or is it just 440 E? wtg again!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Scott Parnell said:
the original of this on the cd,, if you jam with it,, the guitars were tuned like E sharp.. diod you have to tune to that for this backing? or is it just 440 E? wtg again!!!!

you mean E flat, right?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JiggZ said:
Me too I love your guitar tone on this song... Could you please tell me what's your amp/guitar/pick/cable/color of your pickups ?

(lol just tell me the model of your guitar and your amp! thx ;) )
Just using my Ibanez rg2570 with podxt to my pc to record. I'm using Dunlop jazz 3 picks, digiflex cables and black Dimarzio pickups, evo in bridge, breed in neck.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts