Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't get it - why leave the threads - if the BT has been removed?!!?!?!

I find a thread of a song I want bad - and it's not here - why waste the space on the server with a worthless thread?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Threads don't take up much space...files do! That's why they are removed. Learn your way around and read the FAQ before complaining and you'll soon find that everything's here! This site has gained probably 7500 members in the past year. That's alot of growth and we've had to make changes to accomodate that. I realize it's not very user friendly at the moment, but we're working on that. As we go through changes, thing will get better:thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Someone told me to learn the search - I do use it.

I click advanced, I entered in Nothing else matters and or nothing else matters.mp3

and I find (lists of songs people have that are not online) and I find this thread with no mp3. Someone did find it, since he gave me the link here.
Thanks Pod God)

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18208&highlight=Matters

but what did you enter to find this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Still searching through my search results... found this one also (third one in the results with proper title)

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21461&highlight=matters

Still nada. Maybe if these were deleted - the ones that actually contain a file will then shot up making an actual hit to the file possible. I don't want to complain, it's great that this stuff is here. But trying to find it is extremely frustrating and I am using the advanced search properly.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Straight from the FAQ...

Where are the backing tracks?
With a nine meg limit, files are always being removed to make room for more so they are often pulled to make room for new ones. If you have something you want, post a request for it in the request subforum, or bump the thread asking for a repost... and keep checking back.

Seems pretty clear to me:dunno:

Hang in there guys. This is all gonna change soon anyway:icon_thum

·
Registered
57 Posts
Who has a nine meg limit? every one or the entire site. Heck I'll donate more than 8 megs to you. Heck I'll give ya 100 megs to use for BT. From what I gather various people have a set about of space. Why not pool all these little spaces together and have ONE LARGE LIBRARY in alpha order or by astist.

Requesting them is a nice idea, but I've never seen anyone get what they've requested.
:dunno:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts