Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Metallica's Fade To Black Cover

5K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  VHF 
#1 · (Edited)
BRIAN's Metallica Fade To Black Cover

:rock: :jam: This is My Cover of Metallica's Fade to Black, had it for a while but never found this site till the other day.. Its pretty much note for note..
Hope you guys Like it... The Lead is Kind of Loud in parts Cause of a Sorry Mix... and during the pausing of the , "Noone but me" sectionbefore the solo .. its slightly off timing. until drums come back in.. but the general idea of the song is here...
all guitars are done by me, except the regular rhythm backing track and drums
so.. you can tell what parts are done by me.. i'm a bit louder than the actual backing but.. cheers! :icon_cool

BRIAN

I'll have more in time if my fingers Hold up...

Ps. If someone can put some really nice vocals to this, it would be great.. . lets have some fun..

PS. OK I've Remixed the FADE TO BLACK... i strive for Perfection whenever Possible... So.. thought id Touch on it a little... Hope you guys like it...

Fade The BLACK REMIXED

BRIAN

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
really enjoyed your playing. loved the little hammer on & pull off u did at the intro solo.
(18 sec). simply great playing and tone.

the downside for me is the mix. i dont have to tell you.
work on balancing the volume levels of the track.

with a good mix it will be the best cover ive heard of this song.

#10 ·
My Rig is well, i'm not using an amp as most probabley know already.. its just a plain out GNX3 Processor...with a custom effect, not too meaty, not too twangy, not too soft, distortion, a little compression added and delay/reverb and manual wah... and of course and old jackson ps4 performer series.. plugging straight into my soundblaster audigy extrernal and recording using Cool Edit Pro 2.1 .. i know most thought the remix was better and i still heard someone say something about the mix.. well.. you can't mix much with the backing track on that one its kind of loud anyway.. so i had to keep the volumes at a medium so nothing would bottom out... glad you guys like it...
Brian

#11 ·
Brian asked if I could make a BT for "bell tolls" so here it is. I think the bells at the beginning go for much longer into the song....I can't remember, so if that is the case, just cut the first one out and paste a few times fading the volume as you go. This one also has midi bass which sucks, but I kept it low in the mix....I can easily remove it if anyone does not want it.

Enjoy and PM me is you post a full version with it so I won't miss it!:thumb:

#12 · (Edited)
Hey man thanks for posting...
its good to work with , i don't know if its just my ears or what.. lol.. sounds like even if I play in E the drums are so high pitched I can't make out of it sounds right... LOL but i know you tried hard.. i'll still work it in bro, thanks...
maybe if I tuned to almost F like on ride the lightening it would sound right.. i don't know.. LMAO I'll try it.. I appreciate it.. you are Da Man... ! how you do this stuff so fast man?

i havent mess with fruity loops in that fashion yet...
i might try it...

uhhh
Listen is it possible you could do me a backing to Megadeth Dread and the Fugitive Mind? that would be awesome if possible dude

"Pick as fast as you can like in the early Day, Slow Fingers is a Crime!"

#13 ·
cybri2k said:
Hey man thanks for posting...
its good to work with , i don't know if its just my ears or what.. lol.. sounds like even if I play in E the drums are so high pitched I can't make out of it sounds right... LOL but i know you tried hard.. i'll still work it in bro, thanks...
maybe if I tuned to almost F like on ride the lightening it would sound right.. i don't know.. LMAO I'll try it.. I appreciate it.. you are Da Man... ! how you do this stuff so fast man?
Well unfortunately I am at the mercy of the person that created the original MIDI file. I can try to switch kits around a maybe get a lower tone.....I'll give it a shot if I get time later today.

The process is actually very simple. I find a MIDI file of the song out on the internet somewhere. Then I just run it into a Boss DR drum machine that does drums and bass on 2 seperate tracks. If it has any keyboard or other parts like bells....I just have the MIDI file grab those off my Synth and throw them on another track. Then I punch up all the tracks and mix them all down to a BT.

The hard part is creating the original MIDI file which I don't have the software or time to do!

#19 ·
with bass would be cool iff its not too midiish, but if thats not avoidable , its fine without also.. but with bass would be cool.. as long as its not 100% sounding like a keyboard.. i've head some good modified bass tracks done from midi...
so if its possible.. Cool? if not.. then i guess ust the main track is fine... bass helps me keep where i am is why i need it... so.. with bass is prefered... thanks

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.