Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

metallicat vs chrisguitargod (10 votes to win)

• metallicat

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • chrisguitargod

Votes: 8 47.1%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re:

Great solos in both peices! Have to give the :bowdown: to Chris. Great tone and use of the bar.

Keep up the great work Guys!

Scott>

·
Registered
198 Posts
great takes u 2 I voted for chris You caught my ear with the phrasing in the begining was more in line of traditional licks and then eeeeeeeeeeesied me into that fabulous technical playin ...bar arps and the like what can I say was fabulous made me wanna grab a shot of Jack he he...

·
What ya Lookin Fer?
1,568 Posts
Geez, both of these are awesome, but went with Chris mostly because of technical prowess. I'm guessing you are a Vai fan, Chris? The precision use of the bar is pretty much in Vai and Satch's realm and that was so reminicent of Vai.

Great stuff both of you!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow i can't believe i won i thought was going to lose big time when i heard chris playing with the track. anyway thanks to the people who voted for me

·
What ya Lookin Fer?
1,568 Posts
chrisguitargod said:
i think this is my last battle here. it seems you can out play someone in EVERY respect by a huge margin and still lose:dunno: ..... all but 1 replys voted for me yet i still lose? i smell a rat. but congrats metalicat:thumb:

Chris, one thing to remember is that "Votes" don't always boil down to skill vs. skill. It also doesn't boil down to hwo fast a guitarist is over another. Rather what it boils down to is the preference of the listeners. Some of us prefer your playing style over another guitarist whereas others may prefer more bluesy or gritty sounding playing style.

Both of you are wonderful guitarists at what you do. For me it wasn't a skill vs. skill decision rather a "what I like" decision.

I'd really hate to see you quit battling because I enjoy listening to your playing.

Always remember, you win some and you lose some... I think the point of these battles is to get creative and have some fun at what we love to do... and not to take the competition seriously.

Just think about it, bro. Yes, you are damn good, but it is better to leave our egos at the door sometimes. Trust me, I can be that way at times and I used to alienate some good guitarist friends because they did not want to jam with me anymore because I made a competition of everything. Some of these guitarist friends were damn good at what they played and their style and I was good at mine, but I always had to be on top. Over the years I had time to think about that and reflect on it and my whole attitude has changed, so now I listen and learn and at the same time so do they. It has become an exchange of sorts and I think we should look at this Battle thing in the same light.

I have come back to playing after a 3 yr break and I'm rusty (not to mention battling with ostearthritis...arghhh), but I'm slowly getting my groove back and if I practice just a little each day I have noticed that my arthritis doesn't bother me as much. I've never been an extremely fast player (I have a few short burst blazing moments though heheh) but I often play with a lot of passion and most of my shredding buddies admire that because they can't pull of some of the passionate scores that I can play and all the while I'm amazed at their speed ;)

Just some food for thought ;)

Keep jamming guys!

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Nice to see that one worked out and just an FYI we try to make sure that people don't vote for themselves or a bunch of mysterious first post people just appear and vote. We always try to make it as fair as possible at all times.

Keep up the good posting!!

·
What ya Lookin Fer?
1,568 Posts
chrisguitargod said:
keihan.. i think your right.. thanx:bannana_g :bannana_g :bannana_g

Yer welcome and hope to hear some more from you two!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts