Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my friend Michael Kelsey Mike is a badasssssss guitarist/songwriter/performer/musician/entertainer. If you have not seen him play, you should.

This show is @ The Coffee Grounds in Terre Haute, IN 1998 (the actual date should be listed on the file folders). Mike has Dennis Lees on percussion and Tevi Tarler on occassional vox.

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=34205HI5GNWC607UNVFF309VT0

Please be sure to click download. PLEASE DO NOT DELETE IT FROM YOUSENDIT'S SERVERS!

It's my first yousendit download ever, so please let me know if it works or not.

Mike has recorded tracks for and appeared on Blind Melon's albums and tours. If you own the Soup cd, put it in, press play and start rewinding the disc. There is a hidden Kelsey track before Galaxy. Mike is playing one of his songs on acoustic and Blind Melon is jamming over him. Mike is also on the Blind Melon dvd. Pretty cool stuff.

Mike also won last year's Guitarmegeddon(sp?) contest sponsored by Guitar Center. Mike, an acoustic guitar player, beat out several electric shred-esque guitarists in the competition.

I couldn't get the pic to show up, but the address is here.

http://www.justinsimison.com/images/michealkelsey.jpg - I did a google image search on Michael Kelsey and it is on the 2nd or 3rd page.

It was taken at the Eric Clapton Crossroads Festival (you may recognize Randy Jackson and Steve Vai there too). There is a video clip of that show on Mike's site: www.michaelkelsey.com You can see Steve Vai watching him from sidestage in the clip. Talk about pressure.

This show is good, but I cannot describe to you how much better a musician Mike has become since 1998. His show has really matured and he does it all solo now. You really need to see one of his shows to get everything that is going on when he plays.

I'll try to post the track listing for the cd's when I get home tonight.

Let me know what you all think of this show.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think this may have a couple more downloads on it. If it has run out and you want a copy of it, pm me and I'll be glad to send it your way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to post the setlist:

cd1

1. Overland
2. Funny How The Mind Works
3. Meet Dennis
4. Old Man
5. Words of Another Kind
6. Forever Mary
7. The Many Uses of Tevi Tarler (pt. I)
8. Little Men
9. Traveller's High
10. Illusion of Fire
11. Meet Mama
12. The Mama Song
13. Meet the Box
14. 25 Years >
15. Drums >
16. 25 Years
17. The Many Uses of Tevi Tarler (pt. II)
18. Wade In the Water

cd2
1. Life Mural
2. Mind's Eye View
3. Satellite
4. The Trouble w/Mic
5. Waterfall
6. Cryin'
7. Final Thoughts
8. Good Time
9. The Frosted Side
10. The Trouble w/Mike
11. Witness

The date on this is 9/11/98.

·
Registered
1 Posts
rocknrolldork said:
I think this may have a couple more downloads on it. If it has run out and you want a copy of it, pm me and I'll be glad to send it your way.
Hi, I just found this posting for a Michael Kelsey concert. I can't seem to get the download to work. Is it still live?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts