205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michael Stanley Band
Front Row Theater
Cleveland, Ohio
December 19, 1986
Excellent Soundboard @ 320 kbps
Sorry, No Artwork

*This partial show comes from an MSB Live Anthology that was reseeded for me. The original uploader was the creator of the anthology, I tried contacting him, but he seems to have to have disappeared. I hope he doesn't mind me uploading this (if you do, please contact me), but I feel this important show has to be shared.

This is one of MSB's final performances before disbanding, taken from their stand at the Front Row Theater that ran from late 1986 to early 1987. As stated above, this is taken from an anthology, I don't believe it's the complete show, or even if the tracks are in the correct order. It's definitely most of the show, and the tracklisting is hopefully mostly accurate. This is an excellent concert, featuring some great songs that were never released nationally, as MSB's final two albums (1984's Fourth & Ten, 1986's Inside Moves) were only released regionally (and original copies can be a bit tough to find even here!). This is ample proof that the best band to come out of Cleveland went out with a bang!

1- All I Ever Wanted
2- In The Heartland
3- When All Is Said And Done
4- Why Should Love Be With This Way
5- Midwest Midnight
6- When I'm Holding You Tight
7- Let's Get The Show On The Road
8- Inside Moves
9- Poor Side Of Toiwn
10- Bob Pelander Piano Solo
11- In Between The Lines
12- Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
13- Slip Away
14- Falling In Love Again
15- Among My Friends Again
16- Working Again
17- I'll Never Need Anyone More (Than I Need You Tonight)
18- Show Me Something
19- One Of Those Dreams
20- Fire In The Hole
21- Spanish Nights
22- Someone Like You
23- Lover
24- Somewhere In The Night

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RORDSDX4

Enjoy!

·
Registered
173 Posts
omg what a gem! danks soooooooooo much for dis post! ms is a saint, luved him 4 yrs im glad to c others stil do!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I may have attended this show. Then again it may have been the 28th or the 30th or every the 27th. I believe that the band played four or five nights. They also flayed in 1985 and maybe in 1984 also. I'll have to go through my old ticket stubs if I still have them.

I looked up the Front Row Theater and found that it closed in 1993, I had moved away by then. I don't know what is there now. It was a fabous venue. If you don't know it was a theater in the round. Read more about it at: http://ech.cwru.edu/ech-cgi/article.pl?id=FRT

Again thank you for the recording.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if this series of dates were before Christmas or after Christmas. As I remember these concerts, I saw the band six or seven time between 1984 and 1986, they played for about three hours with an intermission. I saw them once at a small theater in Youngstown, Ohio during this time. I've seen them over a dozen times over the years and it seemed that they just got better over that time. I really miss them. Solo Michael Stanley has never really been the same for me.

Just wanted to correct what I had written above.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fantastic! Great post, so cool to have a recording, in such fine quality, of MSB near the end of their run. I'm not from the heartland, from the west coast, still Michael Stanley's music, MSB, should strike a chord with anyone who likes rock 'n roll. Thank you!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Great post - I saw MSB at the Front Row during that time, as well as several times over the years. It is unfortunate that this great band never got the national recognition that they deserved. Michael Stanley still performs and I've seen him several times and even got to interview him once. Thanks for the post and the memories it has brought back for me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts