Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
I don't like Micheal Angelo. He's got great skill and speed, probably one of the fastest shredders alive as well as dexterity and coordination...

But he has no musical creativity at all. It's all so mind-numbing. I mean, even at the end when he's playing familiar riffs, he could at least chorus himself at a higher octave on one of the necks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
Mike4beka said:
Good lord I agree with the above his stuff get's old after a while but jebus....what can't this dude do??

exactly mike...........nuthin is beyond this guys reach and its the same piddly piddly piddly on everything ive ever heard him play. guy is wasting his talent playing that crap ,im sure in other genres he would just totally KILL !!

pity

BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
No offense guys, but I would imagine then that you haven't really heard his solo albums, or at least, not a good sampling. Songs like China, The Finish Line, Instant Glamour, Take a Look Around, etc....are beautiful creations. I would recommend listening to Lucid Intervals and Moments of Clarity to get a good feel for his music (not his earlier stuff).

And his christmas acoustic album if traditional in the purest form, no one would think it was him.:santa:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
He's got skills but the light speed shredding is too much of a novelty to me and I can't listen to too much of it. I'd much rather listen to Glenn Tipton play the solo to Touch of Evil. :thumbup:

Michael does however as Flet mentioned, play more than just shred. He actually can play nice melodic solos with lots of feeling. :thumb:
 

·
excess to requirements
Joined
·
7,103 Posts
I don't go much on the bloke with the Paula Abdul hairdo but that drummer is bloody amazing.
 

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
Joined
·
3,522 Posts
Goport said:
I don't go much on the bloke with the Paula Abdul hairdo but that drummer is bloody amazing.
LOL.... hey ... youi guys.... the "defenders of the wigged one." how about finding some of thise "melodic beautiful creations" from Batio. ive heard nothing but diddly diddly from him everytime.

how about showing us this stuff rather than just telling us it exists. its somewhat hard to believe. but i would like to be proven wrong. as far as im concerned hes just another Rusty Cooley type. all awesome technique. but absolutely nothing of worth. its all been said above.

but by all means please do prove me wrong. i'd love to hear him playing a melodic solo... i quite honestly bet i still wouldnt like it though (i hate his tone. damn chorus *waves fist*)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
DannyBoy said:
hes just another Rusty Cooley type. all awesome technique. but absolutely nothing of worth.

Rusty Cooley.......................yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwn

dont get me started on this guy, 4 secs of attempted melody , widdly whee for about 2 mins, then another 4 secs of attempted melody then endless sweep arpeggios.......................yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

agree 100% with DB , like Angelo, Rusty has all the tools and imo not the faintest idea how to use them melodically, i mean, this guy gets boring in about 12 seconds, not even francesco fareri can manage that, he is boring in about 13 secs. I simply cannot imagine anybody sitting through a whole 45 min album of these guys, Id rather listen to 45 mins of road digging outside.

BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I agree that this is pretty cool. But even after about 10 seconds of watching this, you get bored with it. He nevers SAYS anything. It is like listening to a dot matrix printer with musical notes. Jeez. I would rather hear some substance thrown in. Hell, even that Paul Gilbert video.. Gilbert has a bit more juice than this.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,544 Posts
Flet said:
No offense guys, but I would imagine then that you haven't really heard his solo albums, or at least, not a good sampling. Songs like China, The Finish Line, Instant Glamour, Take a Look Around, etc....are beautiful creations. I would recommend listening to Lucid Intervals and Moments of Clarity to get a good feel for his music (not his earlier stuff).

And his christmas acoustic album if traditional in the purest form, no one would think it was him.:santa:
I have two of his albumns and they aren't bad but it just seems repetitive. I still like watching him because he is just sick and that wig kicks some ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Shreddeer

WHAT A BUNCH OF JEALOUS ASSES.WERE WE NOT WATCHIN' THE SAME SOLO??
THIS DUDE HAS PRACTICED THE GUITAR FOR MORE HOURS THAN ANY OF YOU HAVE LISTENED TO IT.
BACK WARDS FORWARD AT SAME TIME PLAYING TWIN NECKED GUITAR!!
UPSIDE DOWN.
GRANT IT THE HAIRS NOT SO COOL BUT HEY CHECK THE MIRROR .

:cussing: *I HANG AT A FEW DIFFERANT SHARE SITES AND SEEMS THIS ONE TOLERATES BASHING ARTISTS INSTEAD OF CELEBRATING MUSIC.

:icon_evil *MOM ALWAYS SAID IF YOU GOT NOTHIN NICE TO SAY....
...SHUT THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!:Sylvia:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,544 Posts
kissconcertdepot said:
WHAT A BUNCH OF JEALOUS ASSES.WERE WE NOT WATCHIN' THE SAME SOLO??
THIS DUDE HAS PRACTICED THE GUITAR FOR MORE HOURS THAN ANY OF YOU HAVE LISTENED TO IT.
BACK WARDS FORWARD AT SAME TIME PLAYING TWIN NECKED GUITAR!!
UPSIDE DOWN.
GRANT IT THE HAIRS NOT SO COOL BUT HEY CHECK THE MIRROR .

:cussing: *I HANG AT A FEW DIFFERANT SHARE SITES AND SEEMS THIS ONE TOLERATES BASHING ARTISTS INSTEAD OF CELEBRATING MUSIC.

:icon_evil *MOM ALWAYS SAID IF YOU GOT NOTHIN NICE TO SAY....
...SHUT THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!:Sylvia:
The just respects the opinions of the members whether they agree with yours or not. I like watching him for a few minutes but after a while his music just sounds repetitive whether or not hte is play sideways, backwards, or with 8 hands. Heck I have met Michael and seen him play in front of me which was cool but I think for some of us it sounds the same over and over again. But there is NO denying his talent......
 

·
excess to requirements
Joined
·
7,103 Posts
kissconcertdepot said:
WHAT A BUNCH OF JEALOUS ASSES.WERE WE NOT WATCHIN' THE SAME SOLO??
THIS DUDE HAS PRACTICED THE GUITAR FOR MORE HOURS THAN ANY OF YOU HAVE LISTENED TO IT.
BACK WARDS FORWARD AT SAME TIME PLAYING TWIN NECKED GUITAR!!
UPSIDE DOWN.
GRANT IT THE HAIRS NOT SO COOL BUT HEY CHECK THE MIRROR .

:cussing: *I HANG AT A FEW DIFFERANT SHARE SITES AND SEEMS THIS ONE TOLERATES BASHING ARTISTS INSTEAD OF CELEBRATING MUSIC.

:icon_evil *MOM ALWAYS SAID IF YOU GOT NOTHIN NICE TO SAY....
...SHUT THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!:Sylvia:
So you have been here a week - dl'ed a few bootlegs and and whatnot and then decided to criticise the way this place operates. And you say you are a moderator on another site? Well thats poor form in my book.
MAB is not taken seriously by most here because he trivialises the guitar and makes it a trick - the guitar is more important than that for me. Regardless of how good he is he doesn't have across the board appeal even on a guitar site! His appeal is to people that like the tricks 1st and music second.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
kissconcertdepot said:
WHAT A BUNCH OF JEALOUS ASSES.WERE WE NOT WATCHIN' THE SAME SOLO??
THIS DUDE HAS PRACTICED THE GUITAR FOR MORE HOURS THAN ANY OF YOU HAVE LISTENED TO IT.
BACK WARDS FORWARD AT SAME TIME PLAYING TWIN NECKED GUITAR!!
UPSIDE DOWN.
GRANT IT THE HAIRS NOT SO COOL BUT HEY CHECK THE MIRROR .

:cussing: *I HANG AT A FEW DIFFERANT SHARE SITES AND SEEMS THIS ONE TOLERATES BASHING ARTISTS INSTEAD OF CELEBRATING MUSIC.

:icon_evil *MOM ALWAYS SAID IF YOU GOT NOTHIN NICE TO SAY....
...SHUT THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!:Sylvia:


...........................and you are going to make a lot of friends here with your charm and attitude...................................NOT !!:sleep:

BD
 

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
Joined
·
3,522 Posts
Goport said:
So you have been here a week - dl'ed a few bootlegs and and whatnot and then decided to criticise the way this place operates. And you say you are a moderator on another site? Well thats poor form in my book.
MAB is not taken seriously by most here because he trivialises the guitar and makes it a trick - the guitar is more important than that for me. Regardless of how good he is he doesn't have across the board appeal even on a guitar site! His appeal is to people that like the tricks 1st and music second.
Watch Out Watch Out, Porty's About. Get em mate. Dip****s like this need swift knockdowns to put em firmly in their place. I needed a couple myself when i first joined here.
 
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top