Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas and girls
this one is the newest one ive recorded and it is so ovious that it was after recording Hand on Heart because it is such a rip off of it, but also a rip off of liberty, haha, let me know what you think

haha and for you Vai fans theres a joke at the end for you to hear, you should dig it. haha

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
hey man
nice subtle whammy bar and phrasing of notes.. very nice to hear..! lol same rhythm as liberty. but sounds "unique" esspecially the harmonized parts.. very nice!!! lol hahahahahhahaa NICE ending
lmao!!! NICE
NICE NICE NICE!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
top stuff again. Good production great playing and as for stealing, surely you are only stealing from yourself mickey vai

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah I can hear the obvious, ahem, influences in this one. Good work.

Walking the fine line between plagarism and christian.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for listening fellas!
go port- mickey vai, i laugh every time
phil - Walking the fine line between plagarism and christian. almost pissed my pants when i hear that one!!
mike, nice sign! i love it and the whole sign shop!
rilecomm - yeh man we have to get some sort of bakcing going, any style you want!

thanks

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
sounds gr8!!!!!!!

·
I'm a Very Good Girl !
1,350 Posts
I like the sound on this and the tune in total.....thats my sad attempt at commenting on details as still learning, but I know what I like and don't like and I like this

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
This was awesome mickey! Has a definite Vai flavour but it's definitely not plagarising
Theres one thing that could be improved in your playing though. You don't seem to have a very prominent vibrato.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Another great cover....I mean original Mickey Vai. Are using a sustainer? If not you need to get one so you can keep pace with your idol.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
:laugh: very melodic. Cool Vai-isms

1 - 20 of 25 Posts