Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a total noob when it comes to MIDI. I have a Boss GT-8, and the one thing I miss (coming from an ART SGX Nitro) is the ability to just type in a number for a preset and it jumps to it. With the Boss, if I'm at bank 1, and want something in bank 58, I have to tap the bank up button forever. Is there something simple I can use to change banks quickly? I see really cheap MIDI sequencers on ebay. Is this something I could use? Forgive if my question sounds really stupid... I know, I should have waited for the Boss GT Pro, right... :wutblau:

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
try posting in THIS forum. It's dedicated to all Boss multi-fx processors, and you should get your answer from there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not something i have looked into.... but i know you can set the GT 8 to use a smaller range of banks, write your most used patches to say banks 1.1 to 10.4 and close it off so only those banks are active

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't think you want a MIDI sequencer, unless you are using midi backing tracks, or you are in a band that has a pianist using a MIDI keyboard. They are mainly used to sequence your GT-8's patches with a midi file or song.

There is no controller for the GT-8 as of yet, and we are working (slowly) on a GNU licensed editor. This is ofcourse at the BossGTCentral forums. Unfortunately I found that it is down at the moment, so I cannot give you any further information than that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts