Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to make some BT's with my MBOX PTLe 6 setup and the drums are off. Basically I find the HH, Snare, Cym to be to high on the virtual keyboard, around C3, so they will not play with Reason Redrum. This is also the case when I hook up my Roland RS-5 Synth.
I highlighted the notes and dragged them down but I thought all midi was universal. Why does this happen? Am i doing something wrong?
For the record i was using a Ramble on midi and a Avril Complicated song. (its for my daughter to sing to...really!!)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi,

I don't know if you've worked around this yet or not, but I had a similar experience when I started using Reason. I tried to load some MIDI files in and found that the drums weren't working right. Turns out not all MIDI files use GM drumkits. I don't really know much about MIDI, but I did find a 100% GM-compatible plug-in for Reason's NN-XT sampler. It's called "SC55-Standard Drum Kit". You can get it here:
http://www.soundbank.hu/download.html

This works great for importing MIDI's directly.

Good luck,
-dc

·
Airborne Warrior
699 Posts
so if I download the midi program I can create my own BT's? all I want to be able to do is create a drumtrack, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

·
drunken loser!
444 Posts
tony4552 said:
so if I download the midi program I can create my own BT's? all I want to be able to do is create a drumtrack, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated
you could use fruity loops.
and before you ask the answer is yes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Sweeps;

I'm normally just a lurker here, but I have the same set up as you with pro-tools and m-box. If you're working in MIDI, try moving your drum tracks so that they all are from C-1 to A-1 on the keyboard, then they line up with Redrum's drum channels and you can use all sorts of drum samples and kits and not be stuck with only the GM kits which are kind of limiting. This is the work around I've been using, but thanks to DrCode for the link to the GM kit because it might be more handy when a critical ear isn't as important.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts