Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my cover of Ozzy's Miracle Man. This isnt note for note. I changed some of the bends and squeals a little and altered the intro to the solo slightly but I stayed close to the original. Loved the way Zakk played back then. I use the Zakk LP for this with the V-amp2 and audacity. Hope you like it!!
If anyone wants to put some vocals to this, feel free just pm when your done :thumb: thanks for listening

·
Registered
292 Posts
Fuuckin awesome!! Rhythm Guitar has a great tone, awesome tight double tracking as well.
Was listening to this fairly loud and nearly shiit myself when the solo came in!!
I personally would have had it sat back a bit in the mix, but that's only a minor gripe on my behalf lol lol.
Hope you get a vocalist for this one, would love to hear it with vox.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sadge said:
Fuuckin awesome!! Rhythm Guitar has a great tone, awesome tight double tracking as well.
Was listening to this fairly loud and nearly shiit myself when the solo came in!!
I personally would have had it sat back a bit in the mix, but that's only a minor gripe on my behalf lol lol.
Hope you get a vocalist for this one, would love to hear it with vox.
Hey thanks and I agree with you so I just fixed it and uploaded it. Backed the intro to the solo off a hair. Sorry about the jolt :thumb:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
This is my fave Ozzy song because of the solo...I've mentioned it about 50 times...(blah, blah, blah etc) but the timing on the original solo is SO amazing at the beginning, I thought it had been tweaked by a sequencer! Awesome first song with Zakk that caught the guitar world's attention. You pretty much nailled the tone and the squeals and I gotta give you 9 outta 10 for the solo. Very, very good but that triplet run went out sometimes (I don't think I would nail even the first 2 seconds!)

Great work and hope you find a singer...Ozzy is a strange one to sing. Loads of people down him but you know an Oz vocal when you hear it. :thumb:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know a guy who sounds like a young Ozzy i can try to maby ask him this is defenatly worth vocals ill have to get back to you and i dont know how fast he can do it but ill ask and find out cool.:thumb:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. Will get you those settings. I just make up a tone to fit the cover im working on. I did that with my Bark at the Moon cover too. With the V-Amp 2 the EVH preset B2 works great for a lot of 80's stuff. I used it on my Somebody Get Me A Doctor and Modern Day Cowboy covers. Got a few more in the works but would like to get vocals on a few more of mine. I have submitted 6 covers so far but only have vocals on one of them (thanks again JPF!!).I did submit requests in the Jam Room. Thanks again for the great feedback!!:thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
170 Posts
F**K!! This tone is THICK!! I mean THICK!!!!!! I worship your tone!! :jam: The playing is spot on as well!!! Five stars indeed!

This track is giving me an eargasm!!!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Awesome!!!! Love it:) I'm just amazed at what you can do with Audacity(free) and V-Amp($99)!! The tone is just huge:rock: You seriously have me thinking of selling my POD.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dude I used a POD 2.0 for years and totally loved it! My cousins POD crapped out on him one day so he picked up a V-Amp2. He let me try it once, and my POD has been collecting dust ever since.
Thanks so much for the comments!!

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
MuRpH said:
Still looking to get some vox on this one too:thumb:
Still looking for some details on the VAmp settings! ;) I use B2 for most of my recording, but this has a lot more high end than mine. Are using a Wahwah to shape your tone at all?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Gotta think what I used for Zakks tone. I have a Zakk Epi with 81/85's so that helps. no wah used. I do have settings for both Jake covers and the Scorps cover. Seems i gotta make one each time. Yeah I used the heck out of B2. Works great for 80's stuff. I think that was a EVH preset. Till I figure out where my Zakk settings are, Here are 3 tones I made.
Bark at the Moon-rhythm
Shot in the Dark-rhythm
Rock you like a hurricane-lead tone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts