Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey just wanted to share pics of my guitar ... it's just an Ibanez GSA60

I installed new Dimarzio Evolution Pick-ups on it, and routed the body to install the Floyd Rose Tremolo. (Thanks to El Jalapeno for the help) ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

made custom decals (the old logo didn't have the swoosh that came in with older ibanez guitars)

and i scalloped the frets.

I still have to replace the single coils with Dimarzio Pro Tracks, and maybe get a Chrome Humbucker mounting ring.

thanks. for looking. :)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
sweet!!!!! really really really cool! how long did u take to scallop the frets? did u do it urself? looks really really really kool! great job!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks man...the scalloping took maybe an hour. It's not really hard. the routing for the Floyd was harder coz i didn't have a router and had to use a dremel :doh:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Great job only thing........... should have re-did the paint job also - or u should do if u can be bothered WTG man :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
painting it would be done after i get the pick ups and when warm weather comes in again.

and i retouched the paint where i routed it, and the gray part you see is actually black foam/rubber type thing.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
That's a great job man! If I were to have any portion of my neck scalloped, it would be those high frets where it would be easier to add vibrato with those well made scallops. Nice work!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Dude, that axe looks great!! One question though - How did ya get that logo thingy on the headstock? I've been wanting to put that swish thingy on my Ibanez's headstock but haven't a clue where to start.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i drew one in Adobe Illustrator (that's my job). If you need one, just let me know and i'll email you one in AI, PDF and EPS format and you could bring that to a decal shop and have it cut from there. Mine cost me $7 to have them cut it for me. :thumbup:

and if you know how to edit Illustrator files you could even add your own custom logo like i did.

·
Metal head
822 Posts
Really nice dex, the work on it is outstanding, you also changed the knobs, originals are silver plated..i like yours more. I'll be asking questions about if you dig up the whole on the body to make way for the Floyd or you had it made...and..is that an Ibanez floyd or a Floyd floyd ??-Ibanez has a diff type of Floyd, some say is a better technology-

I would also love to have the swoop :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the trem is an Original floyd rose, the edge trems are too dang expensive.

and i did route the trem cavity, i just downloaded templates from floydrose.com, although you could also get them at stewmac (save you the time of making one yourself) then all you need is a router. and follow the template.

·
PantallicA
488 Posts
wow man great job on it. looks like you got a pro to install that stuff. and hey i got the exact same guitar as u but a newer version. but i got a dark blue finish on. i wanna mod mine but if i wreck it i have to use my old yamaha eg301 which well is an insult to nature. but i think my next guitars gunna be a jackson and then ill mod my ibanez. and i have to say for how much they cost there a nice fukn guitar. nuthin like a LP but still a nice guitar. any way man nice freakin job u should be proud of how good u installed the floyd and etc. and by the way man can u send me that decal.

[email protected]

thanx.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts