Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
I have an Ibanez RX 60 and I have been wonder what it would intail to add a Floating tremelo to it. What all would I need besides the Tremelo system and what would I need to do to replace the nut and install the locking nut. Thanks
And Awsome Looking Axe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
djicestorm24 said:
I have an Ibanez RX 60 and I have been wonder what it would intail to add a Floating tremelo to it. What all would I need besides the Tremelo system and what would I need to do to replace the nut and install the locking nut. Thanks
And Awsome Looking Axe.
for instructions look here.

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14258

if you want a recessed tremolo (so you could do pull-ups also) you'll need to get a routing template (either from stewmac or you could make your own from the specs from floydrose.com).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
GuitarsAndTacos said:
WOW that looks sweet. Gotta love those chrome pup rings!

Hey dex, the old Ibanez decal... The one with that funky "Gi0" (i think that's what the letters are), how did you get rid of the "Gi0"? Did you just sand it off or something?

i used a q-tip with nail polish remover and erased the whole logo from the headstock, then made some decals.

· Registered
344 Posts
I see you string your axe like i do, ball ends in the pegs. I've been hearing mixed things about stringing this way. Mostly that the way strings are cut, they are thickest at the ball end & thus tend to break more at the bridge when strung this way as compared to snipping off the balls (sorry for the visual guys) and stringing the "normal" way. I do tend to pop a string every now & then, but it's not something that happens with to much frequency. Your thoughts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
from what i've experienced yes they do break at the bridge...but that's much better since i would just unwound a little bit and it's usable again.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.