Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, check out this wierdo song my band recorded for a contest (that we lost, unfortunately). It's called "Moon Jumpin'." The lyrics are pretty gross, but the music is pretty cool. It's a little bit like Skinny Puppy or NIN with some heavy baritone guitar riffs over it. I also do a little bit of experimenting with a Digitech Whammy set for two octaves up. Like I said, the lyrics are totally nasty and juvenile, but the music should be worth the price of admission. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go pray. o_O

NOTICE: I have decided to post a version without the verses, so there are no offensive words. The following link will now be the "clean" version. Enjoy.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=560632&t=8327

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Great playing but the words are pretty offensive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goport said:
Great playing but the words are pretty offensive.
Yeah, sorry to anyone who might be offended. I suppose there is no way to emphasize how bad the lyrics are. Thanks though.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
This sounds like a cross between 2 Live Crew and Slayer. Intersting musically, yet perhaps the most tasteless and vulgar lyrical content I have ever heard in any song in rock history. :icon_eek: (that was supposed to be taken as a neutral observation and not a criticism). I only made it half way through the song....had to escape. But hey, everyone has their own favorite flavor. :dunno: And I was worried I might be stepping over the line back when I posted my spoof on smoking the doobie. :lol:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Morbid much? its creative, I like it, but the dead girl thing is a little much for me. you guys make Marilyn Manson look good! LOL!!! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me say in my defense that the lyrics aren't mine and the singing (except the chorus scream on the right channel) isn't mine either. Here's the deal: my singer loves ICP, Marilyn Manson, and basically is really good with bad language and gross ideas. However, he's a God-fearing Catholic, ironically. :shock: I will post at the top "listen at your own risk." Don't get me wrong, we are writing stuff about serious, thoughtful issues, but I guess pushing the envelope a little (or a lot) is something we do as well. I'm starting to consider posting an instrumental version, so you guys get the idea without the nastiness.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
To each their own dude ...to each their own. As long as you dont talk about fondling little kids we are okay lol...(you didn't did you? )

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Mike4beka said:
To each their own dude ...to each their own. As long as you dont talk about fondling little kids we are okay lol...(you didn't did you? )
I don't think he did, because it didn't sound like a Michael Jackson song :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rythameen said:
I don't think he did, because it didn't sound like a Michael Jackson song :shock: :shock: :shock:
I don't know if I like the direction this is headed, lol. I'm posting a clean version now.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Mate, this has been a bit harsh on you because it is supposed to be about your playing and composition. Yeah the lyric is pretty crass but your performance is great on this :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Goport said:
Mate, this has been a bit harsh on you because it is supposed to be about your playing and composition. Yeah the lyric is pretty crass but your performance is great on this :thumb:
Which is why I posted the clean version. Thanks. :icon_cool

1 - 15 of 15 Posts