Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. First post. I've been playing for a while and recently sold my Fender Hot Rod Deville. Nice clean, terrible distortion. I want something with Fender clean and Marshall dirt. I was told that the JSX, XXX or Carvin Legacy would be good choices. Does anyone know how they compare? I used to own a 5150 combo and hated the clean, but loved the distortion. Of the three amps I mentioned, which would be the best for cleanest clean and high gain distortion?

Thanks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The JSX is gonna have more gain. The Legacy is gonna have a better clean channel.... that much I know! :bannana_g

·
Registered
575 Posts
i own the legacy. it sounds very unique. for me its perfect. but if you want loads of distortion look somewhere else.however if you want an amazing usable distortion and a clean channel that blows away any amp ever made,then buy it. listen to my song that ive posted called epic. that song is all legacy with no desk eq , just the raw tone. if you dont like that tone, then maybe the legacy is not for you. so to sum up . legacy is a rich creamy fat sound, great for lead and all kinds of rock but not good for metal..peace....chris

·
Registered
575 Posts
wbeacham said:
Chris, Very nice tune. BTW did you use any of the Vai presets for that tune? It had that type sound.:rock:
thanx for the compliment on my song.. no i didnt use a preset. to be honest its very hard not to get a vai sound out of this amp.i have 2 ibanez jems as well. one with a sustainer. they seem to suit this amp perfectly

·
Premium Member
4,933 Posts
dont know the carvin but my JSX has some serious gain on the Ultra channel....but i go through the clean channel with a Metal Zone pedal and thats "my" Ultra channel! Im not to thrilled with the clean channel though it works great for pedals

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.