Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys seen the latest end of the band rumors. BUT this time they are coming from www.melodicrock.com, many here may not know about this site or stop by the VHLinks so I'll post it here. As many of you know Andrew at Melodicrock was the one that Scooped the entire internet and first reported the Sammy/VH reunion back in early 2004. The end of the tour in November should be very interesting. Either way I had a great time when I saw VH in Sacrmaento.

From melodickrock.com: ANOTHER END OF THE ROAD FOR VAN HALEN?:
The world of Van Halen is a fickle thing and the band have never been far from a headline. The guys are currently working their way through their last weeks of 2004 tour dates - shows that some never thought would happen.
But they did, after the feud between vocalist Sammy Hagar and the Van Halen brothers was laid to rest earlier in the year. The guys finally hit the road again on the back of a new compilation that featured 3 new tracks.
There have been numerous reports of problems within the band and just as many reports of Eddie Van Halen drunk on stage.
Rumors flared again last week after Hagar appeared on US radio station KSHE, stating in an interview that he thought the Van Halen re-union was fun, but it bought closure to that chapter. He went on to voice his unhappiness with the high ticket prices from the tour and how he wished some members of the band were into fan interaction as much as he was. It was implied that once the current dates were completed, Hagar would return to touring with The Warboritas and the future of VH would again be up in the air.
What really is going on? What's next for Van Halen?
The reality is that at this point - no one knows. But I for one am not hopeful of anything continuing once this leg of the 2004 tour concludes.
Everything I am hearing from my sources - past, proven sources that have all contributed to past Van Halen reports - is negative.
Everything I hear points to a band that is managing to function despite inner turmoil. And it seems all that turmoil is centered around Eddie Van Halen.
It is no secret that Eddie is drinking heavily and has been since the start of the tour - that drinking and his subsequent behavior has put a major strain on relationships within the VH organization. As one source put it - Eddie is "unstable".
As a result, there are no band commitments planned past next month. Sammy Hagar is planning to tour with his solo band The Warboritas and could be playing solo as early as December, with further plans being made for summer 2005.
Apparently Hagar did not want the re-union to play out as it has, but would rather return to being a solo artist than tour with Van Halen under current circumstances.
I am told there are no 2005 tour plans and no album plans. All will become a little clearer once the tour concludes next month.
To sum up, everything I have heard points towards confirming what Sammy Hagar said on KSHE-FM last week. Once this tour is done, another chapter of the Van Halen history will close with it.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I read that this morning, and it sure as hell put a damper on my mood. I'm pretty much holding back my feelings about this whole ordeal because I want to see what happens when this thing ends. I am worried for Ed though and wish he'd just give the booze up already.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Very fckin depressing

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I will say this though, if Sam bails I'm going to be a little pissed at him. I'm also going to hold some hard feelings towards Al and Mike. If Ed is the wreck that's being rumored to be, then these guys are obligated to fucking get him help. If Sam just bails on him then I'd really feel some sort of anger towards him for doing so. Not that I blame him from getting out of a bad situation, but you also gotta help your friends man . Get the guy some fucking help already.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
SuckaIn3Piece said:
I will say this though, if Sam bails I'm going to be a little pissed at him. I'm also going to hold some hard feelings towards Al and Mike. If Ed is the wreck that's being rumored to be, then these guys are obligated to fucking get him help. If Sam just bails on him then I'd really feel some sort of anger towards him for doing so. Not that I blame him from getting out of a bad situation, but you also gotta help your friends man . Get the guy some fucking help already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you Chris, I too would be a little pissed if he just bails, if Ed is as bad as he is rumored to be then they need to get him some help

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
If the band decides to hang it up after this, that's truly going to be a crime. Listening to Learning To See, these guys obviously have more left in the tank, and I wouldn't understand them wanting to just let it go. Ed said back in 98 that VH is like a tree. The seed was planted in 77 and started growing from there. I just hope that tree doesn't die in 2004. They've had a great run, but there's more left to be done I think. Music is clearly what fuels Eddie, so I say to him don't waste it gettin boozed up in 5150. Share that music with the world man and stop killing yourself.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Hang in there guys.I think these guys are going to be around for a while.These three new tracks are to damn good to just quit now!Until you here it from Sam,Mike ,Al or Ed these guys are still a band man.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I think you're right, and I'm trying not to get to down by all these rumors. It's just frustrating that everything VH seems to be so negative these days. Their manager should be doing his best to get some positive things out there. A live dvd, some radio interviews, something!

·
Registered
21 Posts
What's VH without lead singer rumors?

Although this medicrock rumor is based on the StL radio interview, which we read the transcript and it ain't as bad as it seems.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Yea, but here's where an official website would help VH. They don't do shit on that website. No web forum, no road diaries, no live clips from the current tour, nada. I really wish Ed Leffler hadn't died because this band has just not been the same since. I was hoping that Irving Azoff would help push some stuff for us the fans, but I just don't see it.

·
Banned
808 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
SuckaIn3Piece said:
I think you're right, and I'm trying not to get to down by all these rumors. It's just frustrating that everything VH seems to be so negative these days. Their manager should be doing his best to get some positive things out there. A live dvd, some radio interviews, something!

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree 100% with you on that Sucka!
This manager they have seems like he is not in control,really strange!

·
Registered
13 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
This guyis a product of everyone here. All he has heard all
his adult life is how great he is. After heariong it enough
he couldn't handle it and started believing all of it. Lets face
it the band was better off when either Dave or Sammy was
steering the ship. I mean come on Eddie couldn't even mix
the BOBW cd correctly. The guy can play a guitar and thats
about all. Even his older brother is scared to get him help
because Eddie may tell him to go blow also. Maybe that would be good then you could have Al, Mike and Dave or Sammy and you could get something done. We may have to wait another 6 years before Ed gets out of rehab. the way he
has acted all this time tells me he doesn't need anyone or
help from anyone even his wife. Let him grow up and figure this out all by himself because everyone has always kissed his ass he has never had to do anything himself.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Who exactly is the manager of Van Halen now. It sure does seem that he is not doing a very good job. There official site blows and never has any updates on the tour. I really think the site should have more interaction on it.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
BigE said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
This guyis a product of everyone here. All he has heard all
his adult life is how great he is. After heariong it enough
he couldn't handle it and started believing all of it. Lets face
it the band was better off when either Dave or Sammy was
steering the ship. I mean come on Eddie couldn't even mix
the BOBW cd correctly. The guy can play a guitar and thats
about all. Even his older brother is scared to get him help
because Eddie may tell him to go blow also. Maybe that would be good then you could have Al, Mike and Dave or Sammy and you could get something done. We may have to wait another 6 years before Ed gets out of rehab. the way he
has acted all this time tells me he doesn't need anyone or
help from anyone even his wife. Let him grow up and figure this out all by himself because everyone has always kissed his ass he has never had to do anything himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's anything funny about Ed's trials and tribulations over the years. Despite only being able to play guitar as you pointed, I think you forgot to mention that he's one of the greatest rock song writers of all time. But I digress.

·
Banned
808 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
oaks said:
Who exactly is the manager of Van Halen now. It sure does seem that he is not doing a very good job. There official site blows and never has any updates on the tour. I really think the site should have more interaction on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Irving Azoff

·
Registered
13 Posts
So that makes him better than the rest of us? no I don't think
his problem is funny what I do think is funny is how you have
you lips stuck to his ass and everyone wants to help. One
of my parents has a drinking problem and I can't help them.
They have to help themselves. No manager of website or fan
is going to do any good by telling him hes one of the greatest
song writers ever. That the problem ass kissing is the problem. How many celebrities has to drink themselves to
death before he gets it. There have been more than a few.
But go ahead and keep kissing ass you doing just fine at it.
And feel sorry for him that helps a lot also.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Unfortunately nobody can help Ed but himself....anybody that tries will just get him more upset. He's very emotional, but he must understand that things are best for VH with Sammy singing and writing songs. Maybe if Sammy walks again they will ease up some of the control and get him back.

Most likely.....Sammy is pissed they play HFT and other early stuff at soundchecks...and Ed is pissed he is playing 55 in his solo spot. They all have ego problems about what people want to hear, money issues, and the messed up state of the recording industry today. They must be seeing the $$ hit their bank accounts and realize that the past is better buried....there is pleanty more to be made if they stay together.....how much more do they really need anyway?

I personally am selfish....I wish the best for them, but I still want more new VH music with Sammy. I love the new songs and want another CD full of them.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
BigE said:
So that makes him better than the rest of us? no I don't think
his problem is funny what I do think is funny is how you have
you lips stuck to his ass and everyone wants to help. One
of my parents has a drinking problem and I can't help them.
They have to help themselves. No manager of website or fan
is going to do any good by telling him hes one of the greatest
song writers ever. That the problem ass kissing is the problem. How many celebrities has to drink themselves to
death before he gets it. There have been more than a few.
But go ahead and keep kissing ass you doing just fine at it.
And feel sorry for him that helps a lot also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa whoa whoa don't come in here and start attacking Sucka like that, no reason for that and if being a fan is being an ass kisser as you put it then so am I, there are better ways to convey your thoughts than the way you have, please refrain from attacking other members like that, if you want to express your thoughts in a thread like this please be more constructive than you have, thanks.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Morning all...
I have just logged in after a long night looking after my sick child and find this news. Very depressing indeed, BUT as TJ and Sucka point out correctly, this is just still speculation and is no way confirmed.

Eddie and his demons. This is a complex issue and cannot be dealt with a simple post to a forum. We are entiltled to our opinions in here but to flame another FAN is way uncool. Sucka is a fan who shares the same passion as many of us here do, maybe more at times, and it his right to stick up for a man who has brought so much light and energy to the world with his playing and his song writing. Don't like Eddie and his situation, fine. Slam another member in here, NOT FINE! This type of rant only places a large question mark on your character as a member of the Van Halen fan community.

Enough said, I'll get down from my soap box.
TJ'- GO LIONS! We won on the road man...rock on!

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Well, VH was fun when it was going back in the 80's, and there were some good times with Sam and Dave both, but Ed really does seem to be the problem. As for me, I know I piss off many when I say the new songs weren't "all that". That's just my opinion, but I think they could have done a lot more.

As for Ed and his problems, we all really need to keep things in perspective: If Ed wasn;t the party freak he was/is, and if VH wasn't the party band they are/were, then VH would be just another version of The Outfield or something.

Ed's experiences, no matter how whack to most of us, are what made VH what it was: A party band that was envied by most becuase we didn't live that life style. You guys are debating Ed needs this or Ed is that, but you have to accept the fact that if you want Ed and his music, you have to be willing to accept what is going on with him as well. Just my 2 cents... Someone owes me a penny.

To all, be thankful for the experience you had, especially if this was your first year.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts