Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which guitarist do you guys think has the most distinctive style? I'm gonna say Mark Knofler. He's probably the only guitarist whose style is instantly recognisable to me.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
yeah hes one of them .. also vai .. and hendrix .. and clapton i guess ... and me ... and yngwie i guess ... kinda depends how well you know them really bro . but you have a good point with knopfler .. very feely and distinct for sure

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Guitaristic said:
Don't forget Eddie Van Halen!

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen Brother. To not include Eddie on that list is like putting together a list of the 10 Best Soccer Players ever and forgetting Pele.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Um Edward Van Halen, I mean as soon as you hear that first note or chord you know it's Eddie!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I'd say Les Paul, Allan Holdsworth and of course Eddy, but to be honest he as inspired some truly offle whammy bar and tapping stuff from other guitarists. I've never taken SRV seriously because he seems to be playing Hendirxs' "red house" over and over (am i wrong?). Mark Knopfler is very distinctive and unique.

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Larry Carlton
EVH
Jeff Beck
Rory Gallagher.....never understood why SRV seems to get the limelight over this cat?? So I kinda agree with you Strat here;)
Yep Knopfler is easy to spot...hehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts