Votes: 6 3.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been done before and I believe I know who will win the poll but I am interested to see what you lot reckon. I haven't picked the 10 players because I think they suck, they were the first ones I thought of, off the top of my head.

Happy Voting.:icon_peac

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Not to take away from his classic song writing but Clapton is way overated.......but who is John Frusciante...he cant br underated cause i dont know him

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he is the bloke in the Chili Peppers.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
I didn't see the poll at the top at first but, and I hate to say it cos I'm sure he'll get bashed, I thought this guy straight away WITHOUT a poll. I've never liked Kirk Hammet' playing and I first heard a demo he sent to our manager in 1982. However, the last laugh is his as he's stinky rich and I'm just stinky! :ball:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cor Blimey Guv! Strike A light! I didn't plan on hammet being the early front runner. I wasn't going to put him in - I originally had K King in but didn't really know enough about him, so I put kirk in his place.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Metallica is one of my fav bands - Puppets is just awesome, but Hammett man, he sometimes sounds like the time I sat down in a field and got a bee stuck in my catflap.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
I love metallica as a whole,, even songs like search and destroy have their moments,, Riff wise,, I love the riffs they made back then. as for the solos,, they rock,, but to me,, they arent anything superficial. I like Hammet,, but I would have to pick him as overrated to compared to the pioneers of guitarists in this list.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RIGHT! WHO VOTED FOR LIFESON!! YOU ARE SO DEAD lol!!!! :lol:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yer voted for alex, innit? yor gonna cop yor loaf of bread kicked in me son :lol:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why do you think I posted it in the crapper to start with :)

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I had to vote for EC.....I keep hearing how great he is/was....but I never hear anything that sticks out in my mind as good.

I wish I sucked as bad as Kirk..LOL. And yep, I think he's worth about $100 Million these days.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love clapton - it is not a technique thing with him it is purely a natural musical thing. What I am shocked about is even EVH has two votes and the Yngmaster has none. I was sure he was going to be on 8 votes by now :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
of that list i had to pick hendrix. i respect all the guitarists on there in a way though....

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I chose Hammet as well without a second thought. He may not be the most unique guitarist out there, but i absolutely love some of the solos he did in the 80's. Main reason why i chose him is because he always gets voted high in guitarist polls and stuff like that. He's good, but everyone else in that list is out of his league.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
hammett was a huge influence on me, but i chose him as most overated.. sure he does write some good solos, but in my humble opinion, his tone really wasnt the best out there...and some of his solos sound just a tad repetative. that said, he still came up with some bloody nice licks and its said that he wrote the sandman riff..

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
I voted Hendrix who is way overated. if anyone wants to know why they can see my thread about him. Just my opinion. All the guitarists on there are good.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.