Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few shows from the second half of the Iron Fist tour when Brian Robertson came on board. Not so good on quality but they will appeal to fans of this shortly lived era.

Motorhead
Old Waldorf, San Francisco, CA 6/1/82 (Robbo's 9th gig)

link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CFBCWJNX

Motorhead
Rome, Italy 11/14/82

link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2VUEWTVG

Motorhead
Sindelfingen, Stuttgart, Germany 10/29/82

link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6F7BGGS4

Motorhead
Stadthalle, Offenbach, Germany 11/3/82

link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3IK4TV00

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i've got the deluxe 'another perfect day' with a bonus disc of a june 10th 1983 show from manchester apollo that is just blindingly great. the very creative fills that brian robertson brings to the band's songs are unreal and the APD album is very unjustly put down. there's wonderful songs on there...i DO have one of those concerts up there ^ from somewhere else, the old waldorf i'm thinking, and tho it is listenable, it's pretty rough.
i need to find where the hell i put it, but i'm listening to that bonus disc right now, and hearing some more robbo (w/lemmy and phil) sounds pretty damned good. i think i'll need to take a chance on one of these others here.
thanks blackheart!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
just use tramfile and a bunch of DLs for the 2-disc APD pop right up.
just an awesome recording of an incredible show.
i LOVE tramfile.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are two other shows from 1983 which were officially released. King Biscuit which was from Queens New York and one called Live 1983. I have both, King Biscuit is rather easy to find, Live 1983 quite difficult I imagine. Live 1983 is from the night before the Manchester show in Sheffield. Sound is just as good as Manchester but two songs were cut. (Heart Of Stone and Hoochie Coochie Man). I got that one a long time ago when it came out in 1991.
I always loved the Another Perfect Day album and it still ranks as one of my favorites. Would loved to have heard another album with Robbo but it was never meant to be. The shows in this post have a few songs that were not played too much with Brian. (Bomber on the San Francisco show is the only recording I know of with Robbo.) On another note it's interesting to hear Phil Campbell playing Dancing On Your Grave. Not sure what it was but it sounded like he couldn't play the one riff in it. Nonetheless, it was nice when they brought songs from that album back into the live set. One last thing and I'll shut up, Die You Bastard was the only song on that album never played live.

·
Registered
186 Posts
There are two other shows from 1983 which were officially released. King Biscuit which was from Queens New York and one called Live 1983. I have both, King Biscuit is rather easy to find, Live 1983 quite difficult I imagine. Live 1983 is from the night before the Manchester show in Sheffield. Sound is just as good as Manchester but two songs were cut. (Heart Of Stone and Hoochie Coochie Man). I got that one a long time ago when it came out in 1991.
I always loved the Another Perfect Day album and it still ranks as one of my favorites. Would loved to have heard another album with Robbo but it was never meant to be. The shows in this post have a few songs that were not played too much with Brian. (Bomber on the San Francisco show is the only recording I know of with Robbo.) On another note it's interesting to hear Phil Campbell playing Dancing On Your Grave. Not sure what it was but it sounded like he couldn't play the one riff in it. Nonetheless, it was nice when they brought songs from that album back into the live set. One last thing and I'll shut up, Die You Bastard was the only song on that album never played live.

It was a pity that Die You Bastard was never played live , perhaps they could put into a future live set. It was my favourite track on the album along side Back At The Funny Farm & One Track Mind.

Thanks for these gigs mate.

My first ever MH gig was at The Capitol Theatre in Aberdeen [Scotland] in '83. One fan spat on Robbo as i recall.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, alot of people hated Robbo back then. Lemmy mentioned in his book how the Hells Angels were going to kill him at a show they were helping out with. Also, if you listen to the Clermont Ferrand 10/21/83 show you'll hear Robbo start to play Another Perfect Day when they are supposed to be playing One Track Mind, not once but twice! Needless to say he really became out of it near the end of that tour.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also agree Die You Bastard was one of my favorites from that album. The beginning bass line alone was one of the most kick ass things I ever heard.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah, alot of people hated Robbo back then. Lemmy mentioned in his book how the Hells Angels were going to kill him at a show they were helping out with. Also, if you listen to the Clermont Ferrand 10/21/83 show you'll hear Robbo start to play Another Perfect Day when they are supposed to be playing One Track Mind, not once but twice! Needless to say he really became out of it near the end of that tour.
Do you have the Clermont gig?

I was extremely disappointed that the old classics were not played on this tour. No encores whatsoever , i always felt that as they had played Iron Horse earlier , they could 've played it as the encore instead.

That said , i was glad to see my hero [ i was 16 then] Lemmy for the 1st time!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are a few track listings for these shows.

Old Waldorf, San Francisco, CA 6/1/82

Interviews with band and road crew
Iron Fist
Heart Of Stone
The Hammer introduced as The Hammock
Shoot You In The Back
Nadine
America
Hoochie Coochie Man
Bite The Bullet
The Chase...
Bomber
Motorhead

Sindelfingen, Stuttgart, Germany 10/29/82

Iron Fist
Heart Of Stone
Turn You Down Again
Shoot You In The Back
Iron Horse
Go To Hell
Nadine
America
I Got Mine
Hoochie Coochie Man
Don't Need Religion
We Are The Road Crew
Capricorn
Bite The Bullet
The Chase...
Overkill
Motorhead

Stadthalle, Offenbach, Germany 11/3/82

Iron Fist
Heart Of Stone
Turn You Down Again
Shoot You In The Back
Iron Horse
Nadine
America
I Got Mine
Hoochie Coochie Man
Don't Need Religion
Road Crew
Go To Hell
Capricorn
Bite The Bullet
The Chase...
Overkill
Motorhead

Rome, Italy 11/14/82

Iron Fist
Heart Of Stone
Turn You Down Again
Shoot You In The Back
Iron Horse
Nadine
America
I Got Mine
Hoochie Coochie Man
Road Crew
Go To Hell
Capricorn
Bite The Bullet
The Chase...
Motorhead
Overkill

·
Registered
186 Posts
Also, I thought Bite The Bullet and The Chase... were the encore in 83.
Maybe they were , but i cannot recall them leaving the stage and then coming back. But hey that was 28 years ago and i was "slightly" inebriated at the time.;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Much Appreciated for these, Robbo shows are hard to come by - 1 quick question - don't suppose you've gor either wrexham or hackney july 82, have you? & btw, if the 'frisco show is from the old waldorf, then it's dated 6/6/82 - they played the warfield in 'frisco on the 1st...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Never came across the two shows you mentioned. Was never sure on the date of the Frisco show. All I know for sure is that it is their ninth gig with Robbo. Also, don't know why they would play two dates there five days apart at different venues. I think someone was a little off on the information.
The same thing happened for a date in Allentown PA in 1992 was listed as 9/17/92. The date was really 9/22/92, I know since I was there. The problem there was the show was scheduled and rescheduled twice within a matter of days thus leading to some confusion. It was still better than what happened in Philadelphia in 1995. They were supporting Black Sabbath and for some reason the show was rescheduled for the night before the original date! Needless to say I was a little pissed to find I drive over an hour to find out the show was the previous night!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also, worth mentioning, the Offenbach show has some interesting alterations with the audience. Somebody throws something or spits at Robbo. Lemmy does one of his rants making mention of some "hero" in the audience. Never understood why people would pay to see a band only to go throw shit at them. And with Motorhead it happened quite a lot in the eighties.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ah well, the search continues - been looking for those 2 shows since I saw them...wrexham had twisted sister (their u.k. debut) as support, & the hackney show was a hell's angels gig...& the date changes don't surprise me, but back then sometimes tours were organised with a map & a set of darts...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Come to think of it, can't say I've ever come across any UK shows from 1982 with Robbo. Several exist from 1983 but none from 1982.

·
Registered
214 Posts
sadly, the u.k. fans never really took to robbo, probably because he never really seemed to fit in on stage - he always seemed seriously aloof of the whole proceedings...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts