Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
KILLER! This dude loves it! Me I don't care about if is sounds like the original, I care if it sounds good, and this sounds GREAT!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Sounded pretty good to me Axe. Just needs a small bit of polishing and practicing to reach the standard of some of your other Joe Satriani recordings that you've posted, but you are well on your way. The only comment that my ears could offer would be that the lead(s) sounded a bit too overshadowing of the rhythm guitar in this particular mix. I know that a lead is supposed to be louder than the rhythm, but I have heard this original a gazillion times and there are some tasty chords and rhythm parts in this tune that I was wanting to hear a bit more clearly. I could almost listen to just Joe's rhythm tracks sometimes and be happy. He is a great song writer. It defintiely wasn't a downer or anything, and I still enjoyed your recording quite well (and you can play Joe way better than I can), but that was just my only constructive comment. The rest was really good. :thumbup:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
This was killa Axe!!!:jam:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa Axe, gr8 job!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Lmao at that smoking smiley!!...Thats so cute;)

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Axe this is excellent ! I like the guitar parts loud tho but I cant comment cuz I dint hear the 1st post . Sounds great ! Love this song and u do it well axe !

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Man Joe, that is sounding really close to the original! You are really getting good at sounding like Joe, who has always been my number 1 most influential guitar player. I have listened to Joe's whole catalog of music so many times that it is ingrained in my brain and I'm telling you that you are really doing a fantastic job of replicating him. This remix really pulled up those tasty rhythm chords and made it sound a lot more like the real version.

By the way, what is your smiley dude smokin'? :crazy:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice cover, your prolly the best Satriani cover player on this site. Only thing i heard that could be wrong is the octave parts, they just don't sound right to me. Otherwise, great cover.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The momentum of this is really thrilling! The soloing flowed nicely. Did you do the rhythm track too? -Killer tone on that!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts