Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a cover version of Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street for the June contest here at G101 and it came out pretty well, but now it seems that the tune is evolving a life of its own.......

I posted a copy of it in the Gerry Rafferty discussion board and was then asked if I would like to make it a part of a compilation CD that includes other peoples renditions of various Gerry Rafferty tunes. I said SURE! and then realized that it still needs work.

I managed to get Rjmjajrj to do the vocals for it, and he's done a real kick ass job, but now I need Bass, Drums and Synths. Is anyone here up for it? Real drums would be nice if possible. I have posted this up as a collaboration over at Collaboration Central. I'll link it here so that you can visit that site and see whats up.

Here's the link:
http://www.artistcollaboration.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=23612#23612

Later!

Rj

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
It was a cool tune RJ, but putting drums on an existing track can be a challenge. Try to PM Bryan Gibson.

BTW I finally got that PuP....sounds nice.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VHfanOU812 said:
It was a cool tune RJ, but putting drums on an existing track can be a challenge. Try to PM Bryan Gibson.

BTW I finally got that PuP....sounds nice.
Thats what I've been hearing. But MAYBE it can get done. I hope.

I'm glad to hear that you FINALLY got your L500XL!!!! I hope you like it as wel as I like mine, and of course I am anxious to hear it at work in a tune!

Rj

·
Registered
6 Posts
Click track

You can add a click track by hand using two drumsticks..
This can make it much easier for a drummer to play to .. :thumb:

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
If the drum track was originally done electronically , then it might just be to a click ! , if the music follows the click drums then you can easy chop them out and replace them . even if you couldnt do that you could follow the song and put new drums in manually . but it would be a bastard to do . I would like to do the drums if it is still in need of some .:thumb:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bluesplayer said:
If the drum track was originally done electronically , then it might just be to a click ! , if the music follows the click drums then you can easy chop them out and replace them . even if you couldnt do that you could follow the song and put new drums in manually . but it would be a bastard to do . I would like to do the drums if it is still in need of some .:thumb:
Sure! I'd love to hear what you can do with this tune. CHeck out the following thread if your interested in doing some drums.

http://www.artistcollaboration.com/...&file=viewtopic&t=2138&highlight=baker+street

Rj

1 - 6 of 6 Posts