Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an MXR Distortion + guitar pedal. It is the vintage one that is mustard puky yellow with block script. this distortion kicks butt! I bought ir because it's a vintage pedal,, and wanted something digfferent to own as well,, since im a gear junky. paid 75 bucks for it. definitely will keep it thats for sure. It's got worn marks on it and all since it's a used piece of gear. definitely can get the Randy Rhoads distortion now hehehe. I posted a Picture of it as well in here. Anyone else got one of these type of pedals,, Like to hear your thoughts as well.
MXR Distortion + smaller pic.JPG (21.9 KB)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mxr +

Yes, I've owned my MXR+ since 1984 (my bro owned it prior to that... so this is really old) and the sound is great... especially if you're a Rhoads fan. The only thing I hate about it is the screwed on bottom.. on the other hand, I like the weight of it. Nice and heavy.

I also own the MXR Distortion II, No battery.. only plug in and has 4 dials on it. Same puke yellow color.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool. yeah i dont like the screws either.. actually mine looks old and it's missing 1 screw,, but i can tell this thing is built like a tank! and it sure does have some kickin tone.ill have to use it in some of my recording soon.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I was all set to get the MXR Dime when it came out....but after testing it the MXR Doubleshot sounded much better to me. MXR makes good stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts