Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Airborne Warrior
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 70\'s Strat

well being a massive maiden fan i had to have a strat so about 10years ago whilst down Cornwall, I saw this beautiful 70's fender strat which i had to have so after pestering my dad to lend me some money i went and got it,
This guitar then went through my army career with me but never really was played as much as it should have been. Then about 3months ago I saw a pair of Humbuckers and single coil with the pots and switch going for sale on Ebay so i got them.
well today i awaited with baited breath because the guitar was ready for pick up from my local guitar shop with the new toys fitted, and i couldn't wait to get home from work to play it.
And oh my god she is beautiful the sheer delight i felt when i played the intro to Fear of the Dark, I do believe now that my Jackson that i bought earlier this year and which was my main gigging guitar has been relegated. This is indeed the best guitar I have ever owned

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Re: My 70\'s Strat

good stuff man . a good strat with good pickups is all you really need . solid . good sustain . quite light . and easy on the fingers .. a true joy

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Re: My 70\'s Strat

Post a pic. A true Maiden fan would have broken in the new guitar with "Back in the Village" or "Revelations" or even "Number of the Beast", but not "Fear of the Dark"
Just kidding. Post some pics!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
hey there...fender actually produced an iron maiden model...seek one out... :icon_thum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts