Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This song titled "Train" is from my old Classic Rock band. I'm only playing "Rhythm" guitar on it. We recorded it for a demo along with 3 other originals and 5 covers. It was highly requested and even got played on our local radio station a few times.

This was the only NON metal band I'd ever played with in 16 years and many bands! My best friend and vocalist usually just made up lyrics when doing new stuff until he could write something later on. Some of his ad-libs made it to the final cut. I love the first line..."Hey Lady, Tickets Please!"

It's about how old steam trains evolved into the newer fast electric trains! Hope you like it! Comments??

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was great, it rocked, you guys did a great job on it!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks..John is the most unconventional singer I've ever worked with...very funny guy! He sings very soulfully and carefree and doesn't stick to any usual structure. Everyone loved him at our gigs. He's a great cover singer too though. He's always walking around singing something.

Every cover song I record and post here gets put on CD & goes to John, my friend of 22 years. He runs his stereo through his P.A. and sings over my stuff. We're starting an 80's Metal cover band and will hopefully start rehearsing in a couple of months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts