Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a cover festival this afternoon every band need to perform a cover of the featured artist of this year "Michael Jackson".

We're doing a small medley which included the beat it solo.

We'll start and end with some basic riffs for recognition, so we can make this part playable in future performances.

Next to that: The last part of the solo, when Eddie fastpicks up, is the "weakest" part of the solo. We shrinked that in with a complete bar.

Anyway: This is my try at the solo. Background bass & drumms are a midi track.....
And I know: It's not perfect, but was the best take I performed last monday in front of my computer. During the solo: no cuts and paste -> Played in one line through.

Attachments

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
man great tone and eddie feel i gotta say ... really cool !

I really enjoyed the chord you played just before the solo... if that makes sense .

had a really big sound to it .. very nice!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I thought it was awesome!! Excellent tone too. It's a killer EVH solo and i thought you brought the feel! :rock:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wanna thank all for the encouraging words.....

So I pressed "Thank you"......

Now it looks like I was thanking myself.... LOL.....

Anyway: Thanks for listening. This was the first time I ever tried to imitate a solo as close as this (> 80%).....

·
Registered
170 Posts
wow, i gotta say that was really good. i think you nailed the feel down perfectly.

sounded great to me. sounded very close to me (note wise).

the whole thing seemed a little slow to me, but that just might be me?

anyways, i think you did a great job.

·
Musician
450 Posts
pretty awesome, i wanted to attempt this solo but it seems complicated lol.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
very good job here! Nailed it in my opinion....you don't have to get everything note for note to make it sound great!!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Not bad man! Sounds pretty darn good 2 me!!!!

Rj

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for your kind words, I'm really not worth it......

I hope you enjoyed listening....

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
nice jam man! this rocked! i know this solo isnt easy,, but wow,, you did a great close take on this one! wtg man! killer job!:rock: :rock:

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
nice try man . would like to hear you try this again in a couple months , i reckon by then you might nail it note for note :thumb: cause you sure got a solid foundation down here .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts