Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I polished up an older song thanks to digital technology. My brother wrote it and sang on it. He played the rhythm guitar part to a drum machine. I added bass guitar, faux Hammond and the lead guitar fills.

"Have You Ever Been So Lonesome"

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
yeah really nice ! Reminds me of the stones 2 but so did the other one . I think its the singin :) Nice tune !

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the listens. The Stones comparison is really cool. I will share that with my brother. He'll get a kick out of that.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I liked this a lot, very loose in a good way (hence the Rollings Stones comparison) and a lot of stuff going on. the drums are quiet (on my system anyway) but that is a good thing because the rigidity of a drum machine would not work high in the mix. I like the tune too, it is a good song.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Rhythameen, Black Star and Goport. My brother ran his drum machine through one amp, his guitar through another amp and then recorded everything in the background while he sang through a mic directly onto a cassette. It sounds okay this way, but there's no way to control levels on anything like the drums. Someday I hope he'll get his own computer and start doing Internet collabs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts