Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just recorded the whole song a few days ago. I asked Verga if he could play along with me on the song because he is a huge Dream Theater super fan and he said OK ( :devilchil ) Anyway, i am the one who plays the whole song xcept for the last solo from 5:02 to 5:19 were mr.Verga burns the freetboard. I already uploaded an small file with that solo but i think his rendition is better than mine and it was an honor for me to have him playing along with me on my cover. Its not perfect and it gave me a lot of work to record this one, so i hope you enjoy it :jam:

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Shit! I really dig the guitar tone. It's absolutely perfect to my ears...
I have to split, so I can'tlisten to the entire song until the morning but the first two minutes are awesome!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
:bowdown:

Wow, that musta took some learning my friend...I COULDN'T do this song full stop. I've always left Petrucci alone and NEVER worked on his stuff cos I know I wouldn't do it justice. Well done on this man! Few issues with the timing and some of the sounds BUT superb effort and I couldn't even come close...have another :bowdown: !

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
GROS, the main reason i refuse to play with you on this one the first time you asked me after showing me your finished cover, was because you made a FUCKING 1ST CLASS EXELLENT cover by yourself and you deserve all the credit. Your tone was nothing less than AMAZING (specially on the main riff and 1st and 2nd solos) and you have great skills all around. It have some small mistakes (like the timing in the mixing on the 1:56 to 2:35 spot and the last part were the 2 guitars fucked up the end :D ) that are nothing to consider after hearing those great renditions of those classic solos. Anyway, im the one who is honored to play along with a great guitarist as you. Im a big Dream Theater fan and i can tell you, i have heard many Erotomania renditions before and this one is one of the bests 3 covers on my list. I hope you could upload your cover without me. Its simply: you dont need me. Congratulations!! You are a great new discover on this forum :bowdown:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CanyonCarver: Thanks man!! I was also impressed with the tone i got from my Digitech GNX unity. I never xpected that patch worked that fine. For me to achieve that sound/tone is something that makes me happy in a big time. I hope not to disapoint you on the rest of the song.

wahwah: man...it gives a great inner feeling to comeback after work, open this webpage and read those lines coming from a big inspiration as you. I apreciate it a LOT Chris. I really think you could play it too if you want it, you have the skills. After all you still Yoda´s dad :D Thanks man.

Verga: You were the cherry of the cake man. You are one of the reasons that encourage me to upload my music here. I dont care if someone think i cant nail that solo, you are there because it meant too much for me to have you on my recording. And yes, it is important for me. This recording its a resource of inspiration for me. Some day im gonna be as good as you. Maybe ill try and battle you soon ;) Thanks for backing me up man, you are the man.

Walt q and Mike4beka: Im glad you like it guys, thanks for taking the time to listen to my recording.

You people, thanks for being so kind. You rock!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
GROS said:
wahwah: man...it gives a great inner feeling to comeback after work, open this webpage and read those lines coming from a big inspiration as you. I apreciate it a LOT Chris. I really think you could play it too if you want it, you have the skills. After all you still Yoda´s dad :D Thanks man.
Nothing less than you deserve mate...that was a piece of work. I started to listen and it took an age (even with the tab) to get as far as the 1st solo. Once I got there and heard that I was like :scratch: and :shock: so my patience waned and I gave up. I must have listened to this song about 1,000 times over the years-it's my favourite instruMENTAL! But I've never attempted it cos it's just too damn intricate and jazzy in places for me...I now when I'm licked! :D

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!! Great job guys and the tone is spot on. Like wahwah, I intentionally keep away from DT stuff cos it's so intricate - I just ain't got the time to sit down and learn it so congrats all round!!!!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
great version!!
great stuff, as the others have said, DT have it all, one of my fave bands too, kudos for tackling this track! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
This is by far the best i have heard on this site !!!
Pure Genius !!!!!!!:rock:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you so very much to all of you guys. Every word you wrote was something amazing to read. This encourage me to show my other recordings as well :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
a well deserved bump!

I think this GROS cover deserves a BUMP!

Awesome tone. The best cover i everheard from this song. BTW anyone knows were is he?

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
awesome . i love that distorted rhythm tone used throughout , very cool .

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,810 Posts
verga said:
I think this GROS cover deserves a BUMP!

Awesome tone. The best cover i everheard from this song. BTW anyone knows were is he?
Man verga:icon_thum , I'm glad you gave this a bump!!!!! Outstanding Job here GROS, and you as well verga, the tones are just INCREDIBLE, not to mention the technique.... trully awesome!!!!! I am also a HUGE DT fan from years ago, and I just don't have the skills for this level of playing, but I LISTEN the hell out of it!!! LOL!! and you all just f**kin' NAILED IT!!!! Definite keeper this!!!!:icon_peac

Now, hows about a little Hells Kitchen, or maybe SOC, that would be sweeeeet!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts