Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I've been playing around with SynthFont this weekend, and I thought I would post the fruits of my efforts. Here's "This Love" by Maroon 5 and "Bent" by Matchbox 20. Pop-rock at its best! I really like these bands, but they're not traditionally thought of as guitar bands, so backing tracks were hard to come by...I thought I'd take a shot.

I'd appreciate any feedback...I'm still new to this whole thing, so let me know what works and what doesn't work. I'm open to suggestions!

They're both directly from midi files I found, so the arrangements are a bit limited by the quality of the original compositions...I ended up removing a lot of additional tracks (beyond just guitar) because they sounded cheesy even with decent SoundFonts. I left some in...you'll know them when you hear them. :D

How do you all get around that? Just suck it up and remove that track before mixing down? Or are there SoundFonts that could make them sound decent? I turned the volume down and added some delay to the one at the end of the Maroon 5 song. That helped a bit, but it's still a little...ugh.

Anyway, here ya go!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Good job:thumb: Half the work to these is finding the perfect soundfont. As you do more, and get familiar with the different soundfonts, things will get easier.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dude,

These are awesome. Any chance of some more Matchbox 20. I know they aren't thought of as a traditional "guitar' band but....hey...chicks dig em. and, correct me if I am wrong but thats what its all about isn't it?....scoring chicks

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well..... I'm not about scoring chicks but the Matchbox 20 sounded great. I know you can't beat real drums but you did a good job! Now all I have to do is go buy an electric guitar and learn how to play it! hehehe

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jaybo said:
Dude,

These are awesome. Any chance of some more Matchbox 20. I know they aren't thought of as a traditional "guitar' band but....hey...chicks dig em. and, correct me if I am wrong but thats what its all about isn't it?....scoring chicks
Yep...I have one more that's almost done.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) I just started a new job, so I haven't had time to tweak it around more. I've also been working on "Old Apartment" and "If I Had a Million Dollars" by Barenaked Ladies. I like them, too.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts