Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Nice axe. I'd like to make a parts guitar like that one day. But guitar parts are really expensive in australia

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Damn that is awesome Axe, it looks aweosme and after listening to the SGMAD cover you posted it sounds awesome too!!
Great job on it!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I like how you didn't go overboard with the tape. You should come up with some sort of simple "Axeshredder" logo and throw it on the headstock. I'm sure KC could come up with some ideas.

Cool guitar...I would like to try and build one someday myself.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Hey Axe,

You said you have about $400 into this project. Can you give us a breakdown of the $$$ and also where you got the parts?

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Body Ebay $115....painted kinda cheap but ok New
Neck w/ tuners E-bay $66 used..little wear floyd readyHamer
Licenced Floyd $65 new Ebay
Pickup, pickguard, assorted hardware Warmoth.com $135 new
Total $381

Stripes costs nothing cause i'm in the sign business....i could do something similiar for anyone for $50

Prices for parts include the shipping costs.

Attachments

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
gotta say once more .. killer axe man . its growing on me massively .. make me one
. i love one peice maple necks like that . mmmm :p

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey man,, looks great,,what kind of pickup did you use and do you like it.?..also.. what kind of paint did you use, I'm painting my flying V right now. Sign business , don't tell me that's vinyl tape for stripes....Looks Kewl. I might need some sign work from ya....

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My first Homemade Guitar Logo..Copy of $3000 Charvel

bought in with black paint and yes those stripes are vinyl...further explanation at my website below...thanks for the comments....heres the logo i design for it....cool?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: My first Homemade Guitar Logo..Copy of $3000 Charvel

Thanks Mondo...its definately loud and different..lol..but it matches

1 - 20 of 27 Posts