Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a few days ago my first MP3 (The Prophet) here but haven't got any comments. That bad, huh?

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Ya I gave it a good listen. Check mine out and tewll me what you think:santa:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Well...you're pretty new and noone knows you yet. There are a lot of songs posted everyday and people just don't have the time to listen to every song. So, most people listen to the people who they are familiar with and listen to people who have listened to their songs and left comments. My advice would be to listen to other people's songs and leave some comments. That should help get more traffic to your tunes.:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice, sqstd! I'll try to follow it.
It seems that I have to learn my way around here. I have noticed so far that people are very polite and don't want to criticize others doings. I’ve heard some things that I would have wanted to say more than the usual “great etc.” But being a newbie I think it’s wiser not to start stepping on other people’s toes. Well, maybe later.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Step on toes buddy! But just do it in a polite way...we are all here to help improve each others playing by helping others with tips and suggestions. Don't shy away from being a little critical which in the end when done constructively and politely could help improve someones playing! Do however shy away from being a complete and utter ASShat that is a pompus flaming duesch bag that makes up songs about birds. Keep that in mind and everything will be okay! Also I didn't see a song posted under your thread? Did I miss it? or did you take it down? or does my computer suck donkey balls?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I’ll try to be polite. There’s no sense in insulting other people, that’s not constructive.
I’ve been very convinced of the playing skills in the songs I’ve listened here. But some of the compositions have been far from the same level. Same thing with the backing, especially the drum tracks.
OK, now I’ve been critical without hurting anybody’s feelings.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Just listened to the prophet. It's a good little tune and has a nice production. What did you use for the drum tracks? It could have maybe gone somewhere else I thought it was a bit short. The guitar tone was nice though. What equipment do you use?

Keep posting.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Phil!
Yes, short it was. I was really just fooling around with the Phrygian mode and on the same occasion testing some recording tricks. I liked what I’d got on the disk so gave it some polish and kept it.

The guitar went from Behringer V-Amp 2 to sound card. I used Cool Edit and the loops from their web page - Loopalogy, I recall. The drum loops I used as they are but the bass track I did build from single samples.

Have you checked my other track from Covers & tributes?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, I didn’t think I was complaining. I thought people come here to discuss and get comments of their music, maybe to learn something and get fresh ideas how to do things even better. If the meaning is to come here to pad each others corporate backs – well that’s nice but builds only ones self esteem, not music.
I hope I could express myself without being rude, that’s not my purpose.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The file is in this forum in it's own thread called The Prophet. It doesn't make any sense putting the same file in two places, especially cause it has been collecting comments by now. So please, find that other thread and listen to the song, I hope you like it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts