Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i feel like i should preface things
i started playing guitar for about 1.5 years then quit for various reasons for 5 years, a litle over 2 months ago i picked it back up and realized just how much i missed playing.

i got the backing track from here..

i am playing:
- mim 2002 strat with delta tone pups
- blues jr amp
- ts-7 that i modded changing the ic chip
- cheap wal-mart mic plugged right into the sound card

http://www.aaronlittle.com/music/sa...style-11605.mp3

i have more clips but i wanted to see how this went before i put them up.
i posted this knowing i need work, and hoping to get some advice on some things to do to clean things up. advice etc. i am a newbie and i hope i did all this right.

aaron

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry newbie, i have added it to my little radio as well as the link to my personal site... learning

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Glad to hear you're back playing the guitar. There's some nice phrasing in your lead. I like the trills too. Add a bit more reverb and maybe some echo to stretch your notes and it should work really nicely with the backing tack.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
very well played for less than 2 years. Keep the posts comin:thumbup:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Nice job :woot: I quit too off and on over the last 25 years playing but I realized a while ago now that it is Great fun playing alone, recording or especially jamming with others.
Thats always a rush to me and I finally even found that lately. We jam tonight, watch for video posts LOL....
NEVER give it up. It's great to be able to entertain yourself . My grandma tought me that about piano. I chose GUITAR :icon_peac

·
Registered
754 Posts
practice,practice,practice and finally,practice.you sound like you know your way around the fretboard.maybe start with some simple 3 string arpeggio's or a minor scale.like old santana.knowledge is power.not a bad sound clip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts