Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as you know Rilecomm's mother passed away. I recently got recording equipment and am in the middle of some songs, but i did this one to express how sorry i am, i hope you all enjoy it and my prayers are with you Rilecomm.
This is my first recorded original song and i appologise for the scrappyness as im still learning everything

The song is called, "The Grievers March"

·
Registered
886 Posts
Wow mickey. Is that your GT6? What a major improvement and a really cool tune. The melody just sings and your playing stands out now which is a great thing because you sure can play.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was great Mickey, awesome first post and very cool to dedicate it to a fellow member like that, great job!!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
What a nice tribute....you are learning quite well. Keep cranking out those originals and your style will develop. I've been a cover song guitarist for 16 years so I can't say I have my own style
My song writing skills are nothing to be desired anyway

I know Rilecomm will appreciate the tribute.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
I think this is so nice of you mickey...and this song was very pretty ineed!

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Mickey - awesome tone and tune!!! Really good, man. No one would ever have guessed it to be your first original recording. Excellent man

Nice dedication too

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
that was a very nice tribute. I hope you post more very good playing!!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Mickey- I have to ditto everything on this board, man that was good. I never would have guessed that it was your first original either. Great job man.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for all the compliments everyone i really appriciate it. and yeh the song is all original Canyon it came to me as i was thinking about things.
i really appriciate all the compliments and im glad you liked the song. And thank you for taking time to download and listen to it!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[ QUOTE ]
phil28uk said:
Wow mickey. Is that your GT6? What a major improvement and a really cool tune. The melody just sings and your playing stands out now which is a great thing because you sure can play.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh this is the GT-6, i downloaded a patch, Steve vai - for the love of god, and changed it a bit. its pretty accuarte to the real thing!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts