Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started messing around with this last night. I did just the rhythm at first, then decided to figure out the vocal part by ear. It's not the whole song, but I may eventually complete it.

G

·
SDJ,

I am a big big Dokken fan, and I thought this was excellent, the rythmn was spot on and really liked how you copied the vocal line with your guitar. Your tone was really good for this tune too (which happens to be one of my fav Dokken tunes). Hope you get to finish it and post the complete tune (including the solo which is cool !).

Good work....:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I'm a big Lynch fan, myself. The solo to this song is one of my all time favorites, too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heck, repost it.....I'd like to hear it.

Oh, and no....I didn't use a harmonizer. I recorded each track individually.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Great job! I really like the tone, but I guess that is becuase you and Gunslinger use the same effect? :thumb:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
First off, this is extremely well recorded...secondly, very impressive guitar playing. :thumb: Very well done bro! What did you use to record this with?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hell yeah dood! Good job! I thought about doing this too recently, but you beat me to it! :) Well maybe later. My guess is you use a POD or something similar. yes? If you do decide to finish this up, try double tracking the rhythm parts on the left and right channels - you'll love how it sounds!

Rj :bannana_g

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again, everyone. I appreciate it.

What I used? I'm running a Digitech RP300 straight to PC.....then used Goldwave to record.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
POD GOD said:
I didn't realize Goldwave had multitracking capabilities:scratch:
Excellent job on this:icon_thum
Thanks.

I go through a much more tedious process with Goldwave than you would with a program like Acid Pro or something, and it's probably not the best way to record, but it's what I've done for a long time now.

I do have Acid Pro, but have never gotten around to doing any extensive recording with it. Perhaps, I will soon.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
SDJ218 said:
Thanks.

I go through a much more tedious process with Goldwave than you would with a program like Acid Pro or something, and it's probably not the best way to record, but it's what I've done for a long time now.

I do have Acid Pro, but have never gotten around to doing any extensive recording with it. Perhaps, I will soon.
You might want to try Kristal - it's free. http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/ I havent used it yet, but it looks fairly comprehensive. (Built in effects and stuff)

Lata!

Rj

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, I just downloaded it. It doesn't really seem to be too complicated at first glance. I'm actually surprised it's free, too.

G

·
You can also download Tracktion from the Mackie website. Its also a free multitrack recording package which has loads of features and is really easy to use. Go to www.mackie.com and then software.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Justin G said:
You can also download Tracktion from the Mackie website. Its also a free multitrack recording package which has loads of features and is really easy to use. Go to www.mackie.com and then software.
Wow! That Traction software does look pretty damn cool - I am downloading the DEMO version now. I didnt see where it says that the demo is crippled or time-out software, but I will see soon I guess. On the mackie site is says Buy it for $80. I'll let you know what I find out.

Rj

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
well I downloaded and installed Tracktion, and I didnt see any "Pay Up" or "Limited Function" notices. Looks pretty cool - I think I will do a test song on it and see how it goes. I am currently using Samplitude 6 Pro, and its a great program but it is very complicated. It took me a long time to figure it out how to use it. But of course it is a very powerful program.

Lata!

Rj

1 - 19 of 19 Posts