Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here's my gear...well...some of it...i've ordered a beautiful white 70's strat with a maple neck like the hendrix woodstock one from fender...months ago...still haven't received it yet... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man...that "extremist" tune you did is wicked... :icon_peac

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks....i feel like the amp has been "blessed" by mr. marshall's signature... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks man...it looks like you're a stratoholic... :eek:oo:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SactoFan said:
The G&L's are the greatest, IMHO...:rock:
they ARE leo fender's creations after all...rock on brother... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anyone have any ideas about collector value for the stack signed by jim marshall?... :wtf:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CanyonCarver said:
Sweet stack... Tell us the story behind it.
hi there...i walked into a long and mcquade music shop...there she was...i've always wanted a marshall stack but could never afford one...i asked the clerk about it...he said that it is an exclusive limited edition model for this music store chain...only 50 were created for worldwide distribution...of that number...only 10 in canada...this is one of them...if she's ever stolen...it shouldn't be too hard to track her down...
it's also been "blessed" by jim marshall himself...as he has signed the head and cabinet...he's gettin' on in years and i don't know how many autographs he has signed in his lifetime...that makes it kinda special...
i don't know what i should do...is it a "keeper?"...a "player?"...or should it be an unplayed treasure all wrapped up like one of those plastic coated sofas at your grandma's house that nobody's allowed to sit on except for for special guests that will never arrive?...i have enough trouble keeping my two cats and two ferrets and puppy from all taking turns marking it and trying to "explore" it's magical insides...
my next piece i've got my eye on is a handwired jtm 45...but the price...ouch... :wtf:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Weldaar said:
Nice harem. What year is the SG standard?
hi there...it's an angus young model sg...i'm not sure about the year...i've had it about six months...she's beautiful...almost TOO beautiful if you know what i mean...i don't even want to breathe on it...
my strat on the other hand...takes all kinds of abuse...and never lets me down... :icon_thum

·
Registered
174 Posts
jimihendrix said:
hi there...i walked into a long and mcquade music shop...there she was...i've always wanted a marshall stack but could never afford one...i asked the clerk about it...he said that it is an exclusive limited edition model for this music store chain...only 50 were created for worldwide distribution...of that number...only 10 in canada...this is one of them...if she's ever stolen...it shouldn't be too hard to track her down...
it's also been "blessed" by jim marshall himself...as he has signed the head and cabinet...he's gettin' on in years and i don't know how many autographs he has signed in his lifetime...that makes it kinda special...
i don't know what i should do...is it a "keeper?"...a "player?"...or should it be an unplayed treasure all wrapped up like one of those plastic coated sofas at your grandma's house that nobody's allowed to sit on except for for special guests that will never arrive?...i have enough trouble keeping my two cats and two ferrets and puppy from all taking turns marking it and trying to "explore" it's magical insides...
my next piece i've got my eye on is a handwired jtm 45...but the price...ouch... :wtf:

Me personally If it were mine I would play it knowing that Everytime I plug in and wale I am playing something the Marshall Endorsed personally himself. Why waste a gorgious sounding amp to a plastic cover. Let-er-rip. :werd:

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
Ask yourself this: Would Jim Marshall have signed that amp knowing you might not want to play it in the first place because of his sigbnature being on there?

Hell no! Plug into that bad boy and make the arm hairs move!!!:jam:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts