Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, yea the strat is pretty battered, its my brothers (lives far away from us) but ive had it for the past year so i dont really know much about it. It has a colil tap which ive never seen on a strat before and it sounds really bassie, it is actully a fender its just a bit faded. Anyone know what sort of strat it is?

·
drunken loser!
444 Posts
take a picture of the back neck joint, are the tuners the originals to that guitar.
what is the first bit of the serial number if you don;t want to give it all out
cheers

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
well. it has a super strat single volume and tone. but it has the pot metal saddles It looks like someone removed the second tone for the coil tap switch.. Looks to me like its a heavily modded mid 70's strat.
VGB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[ QUOTE ]
ricklepotamous said:
take a picture of the back neck joint, are the tuners the originals to that guitar.
what is the first bit of the serial number if you don;t want to give it all out
cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Im afraid there isn't a serial number on it m8, i think my brother replaced it cos it got battered so it just has a blank new piece of metal there, it is a real Fender tho, not a fake, lol

·
drunken loser!
444 Posts
im giving up with strats for now anyway!
im into 24 fret pointy screaming stuff with huge frets

all the strats are carefully thrown in the loft!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've just had a look on the neck and the tuners and i cant see any numbers!, what does this mean?

Thanks for all the replys : D!

·
Registered
243 Posts
No numbers on that strat,,, what a shame,,,looks vintage...Hey man ,, nice marshall cab,,,,loaded with vintage 30's? have you compared it to the new marshall's with the 75watters....might be better for your type of music.....If you ever consider selling that strat? or wanna trade cabinets?

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
It is an Mexican strat they made in the 90's, if I am not mistaken, some of those plays very well.
By the way sweet setup, love the AX Marshall cab, greenbacks sounds awesome with a 5150.
That Wolfi looks neato.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.