Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
DJ Snoo said:
Nice rig! What are the bottom 3 pieces? I can't tell...
Thanks! "Sell" ....he...he..he..yeah! I'm huk'd un foniks :D

The three bottom pieces are
A Summit Audio 2BA-221 Vacuum tube mic pre/direct in box. It does -magical stuff to the Pod XT Pro :)

Next to it is a custom made "fizz" remover box made by Hadley Hockensmith {Neil Diamonds guitarist}. I use it when playing thru the Pod XT Pro.

Below those that's an Apogee PSX-100SE AD/DA converter. It's the heart of my whole lil' studio. I clock off it, use it's DA for monitoring mixes and use it's UV22 feature when making final tracks for C.D.'s
Apogee has newer models, but this one just plain rocks. He...he...I'll never -sell- it either

Below it is a B.B.E. 482 Sonic Maximizer.

Buckkillr8 you've got a nice pedal board!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wow, thats some cool shit! I've seen a bunch of people with them and haven't had much chance to look into them, but what exactly does a sonic maximizer like yours do? electronically and audibly....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm....I think of maximizers like a 'loudness' button. We never leave home without it for -LIVE- playing.

-caution- just use them wisely :grin: over use and it'll sound like poop. But I've used it on just about everything. And one cool thing....the software plug-in works exactly as the rackmount does.

I play Metal/Death Metal and it just makes my half stack sound vicious! Sonic Maximizers are great in all styles, just don't over use them.

·
Registered
270 Posts
so basically for those of us without multi-channel amps (like myself) it could be used like a lead/solo channel? that is exactly what I need if that is the case.

·
Registered
172 Posts
How's that Hadley fizz remover?
I'm on a another forum with that guy, he has done some BIG talkin'
about it.He's agreed to let a couple of the "long timers"on that board
try one for review, but we gotta wait until he finishes the tour.
Just looking for some practical "hands on" opinion you know.
Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again guys!!!
Hadley's little box does what he says it will do! I had some mp3 samples. I'll try to make some more for you guys hear tonight after we finish tracking.
I don't know what's in it or how he makes them. But it DOES work, mine was his first one for public he made. Others look different. I think now he sales them with 1/4" inserts. Since I got his "fizz box" I don't use the Pod XT PRo without it. I play mostly Heavy, High Gain amps and Hadley's box is a MUST have! Well, at least I think it is.

I'll get some mp3 samples for you all.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey, mp3's would be great.
I'm already interested in the box, I just would like to know whether it is
worth it.
But don't put yourself out man.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts