Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm beginning my 5150 project can someone give me the websites where I can get all the things (neck,body,volume pot) I know where to get the paint. Please help me out.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Hi mate, there used to be loads of great info in the guitar room over at www.vhlinks.com, but it will take some searching to do so.

However, I had one done using the Kramer 1984 reissue from MusicYo.com. You can get it in clear coat to respray over.

I'm not the biggest expert, but it might well be an option...

Here's a picture of the finished product, to let you know how it might turn out (body shape-wise).

Hope this helps !

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
heres some excellent sites for parts. Same companies I order from at the shop. warmoth
wd music
MightyMite an excellent source for Floyd Roses and Motherbucker pickups that are really close to a JB.
Wildberry Castle great for pickguards and such, with very cheap shipping charges.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
You can get the full kit from Greg Rogers guitars. Also, as mentioned, you can get everything from MeanStreet Guitars. Don't let people bullshit you about them being crappy becuase they certainly are not. If you need more proof, contact Brett, the admin at VHlinks. He bought a Meanstreet and is totally please with how it came out. I am sure there are others as well.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
I forgot about Gregg Rogers guitars ! They looked like some tasty looking kits when I first looked around !!!

As for meanstreetguitars, I couldn't figure out his website. I'm really impatient if I can't find the info rightaway. Are you saying you can order all the parts that you need to build, or do you just order the template guitar ???

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
From Meanstreet, you get the whole guitar.
It's a licensed Floyd, and no skunk stripe, but if those things are worth the extra $400 to someone from Music Yo for an Asian made guitar, maybe they should be looking at selling cars

I have a licensed Floyd, and have for many years without any problems.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Mike5150 said:
I emailed Mitchel about that a few days ago and he replied back stating that to have the Unchained model painted like the 5150 is $745 + shipping and the wait time is currently 45 to 90 days.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can turn it around in about a week
PM me if interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts