Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up for 500 aussie today (500 dollars in australia buys you absolutely fuck all in the way of guitars). Its a 1982 USA charvel telecaster. As far as i know it was custom built so it doesnt have a serial number on the headstock. The guy at the store told me that it was used as a touring guitar by one of alice coopers guitarists in 1982. I dont know how true this is though. It has an ebony board, wooden inlays and schaller tuners. When i got it, it had gold pickup covers with chrome pickup rings . I took the pickups out when restringing to find it had a duncan 59 bridge in the neck, and a JB in the bridge. Plus, it also had a flight case with it (with perfect hinges). Since i left home today with the intention of buying a charvel 750xl, i wasnt too sure about this guitar........ but the sticker on the case sealed the deal!

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Mab, that's a great looking guitar. Good luck with it. Post a sound clip of it ok?

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
mate that's a nice lookin guitar ! ...

500 australian is a steal !

i agree post a soundclip i'd love to hear it !

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The parts alone on it (if you include the case) would set you back at least 500 if you bought them new in australia. One problem with it, from the 12th fret up to the 15th on the high e string fret out when you bend 2 frets. But im gonna get that fixed up soon. Im loving the neck humbucker for smooth leads. I recorded the bohemian rhapsody solo with it today

Attachments

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
This is a sweet lookin guitar you got Mab! Hope you enjoy it. Can't wait to hear it either from you. hook that baby up to your v amp 2 and your golden!:thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts