Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well with all this talk about Ibanez I just had to join the crowd today. I picked up this new RG 1570 in Grey Nickle from GC today for only $375. It had the newest Edge Pro Trem (the one with the ss rollers) and a Wizard Prestige neck. Notice in the pic just how thin the neck really is compared to the headstock. It sounds really cool clean when you blend the middle and front PUP. I have an EVO in another guitar so if/when I replace them I will try the PAF Pro that the JS model uses. I'll hunt down some pewter rings to trim it up a bit. The action on this guitar is so low without buzz it would amaze you.

My wife said "WTF another guitar???" and I said, but I didn't have an Ibanez and it's a lot cheaper than a Jem 7V....so we actually saved $1400.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Man that right there Makes my Ibanez look like a toy. That is just a sick guitar. Makes me kinda Jelous that I don't have one.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I noticed the neck blank is a bit different in the fact that it actually butts up against the neck PUP. Also everyone on Harmony central says to change out the PUP's, but they sound pretty damn good to me. If you have never tried the prestige wizard neck, you should check one out at GC...there is a big difference between the wizard 1 and the wizard 2.

·
Registered
665 Posts
hey I have the same guitar too
very awesome but....
do you have a problem with the high E coming off the fretboard? if even try tapping at all it comes off

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bbkane said:
hey I have the same guitar too
very awesome but....
do you have a problem with the high E coming off the fretboard? if even try tapping at all it comes off
I have not noticed a problem, but I am used to the E being close to the edge with my Wolfgang. The neck is actually the same width as my LP at the 12th fret. Make sure your high and low E are centered on the neck at the 24th fret....if not you need to fix it.

The only problem I am having is that it won't stay in tune for long as the springs and strings are new and I don't like floating bridges, but I'm working on getting it settled down.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sister_Wrath said:
Ga ga ga ga (drool) ga ga ga (drool):yumyum:

That's my favourite model in ibanez -after jem floral- is awesome...beauuutiful man!!! Congrats on your new baby and make it scream as it should be!!!!!:rock:
I hear you....I wanted a Jem7 but after looking on E-bay for months and never seeing one go used for under $1000, I basically gave up.

·
Registered
665 Posts
VHfanOU812 said:
I have not noticed a problem, but I am used to the E being close to the edge with my Wolfgang. The neck is actually the same width as my LP at the 12th fret. Make sure your high and low E are centered on the neck at the 24th fret....if not you need to fix it.

The only problem I am having is that it won't stay in tune for long as the springs and strings are new and I don't like floating bridges, but I'm working on getting it settled down.

is it an easy fix?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
bbkane said:
is it an easy fix?
It depends on just how far off it is....what you need to do is figure out which way the neck needs to move...loosen the neck screws or maybe even take the neck completely off....then shim the neck...by placing sims between the side of the neck and the body. Guitar picks cut in half can actually make good shims, but thin strips of wood might be better.

If you don't want to attempt it yourself....it should be a cheap fix at a good guitar shop. If you lived by me and could bring it over...I'd fix it for you.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CanyonCarver said:
I'm very happy for you.
I need another guitar, and I was thinking of getting something like this.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for a good deal.
You NEED another guitar???:D Don't you already have a LP and a Wolf standard?

GC has some Ibanez Satrani's JS-1 for $550 on clearance...great deal.

I was driving by Zoo Music today and almost caught myself going in just to look.....then I said "What the hell for?" I already have a Vetta amp and 7 guitars.

I think I need to admit myself to rehab for this problem.:grin:

I take great comfort in knowing that my kids will take them all to the nearest pawnshop when I die.:ball:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CanyonCarver said:
I'm very happy for you.
I need another guitar, and I was thinking of getting something like this.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for a good deal.
CC,

Tell me exactly what you want and I'll keep on the lookout for a good deal....always happy to enable a fellow addict.

:devilchil

·
Registered
665 Posts
VHfanOU812 said:
It depends on just how far off it is....what you need to do is figure out which way the neck needs to move...loosen the neck screws or maybe even take the neck completely off....then shim the neck...by placing sims between the side of the neck and the body. Guitar picks cut in half can actually make good shims, but thin strips of wood might be better.

If you don't want to attempt it yourself....it should be a cheap fix at a good guitar shop. If you lived by me and could bring it over...I'd fix it for you.

thank you very much man I got it a little better, I didnt put anything to brace it, but I loosened the screws, and simply moved the neck a little bit that way, probably should of shimmed it, I think im gonna take it to my local guitar shop......too bad all of the ones in upstate new york suck haha

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Someone else suggested loosening the screws holding down the locking nut and sliding that over as well...try that also.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts