Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok after a year and a couple of months I've finally managed to get back into working on this one. It's now finished ... complete with lyrics ... but I've only recorded the guitar part for now. My first song. Feels nice to finish one.

I've not been an active poster in this section of the board, and am aware that such activity would increase my chance of receiving comments. In any case, for those of you who check out the file, comments are welcomed and appreciated.

I hope you like it.

·
What ya Lookin Fer?
1,568 Posts
Very cool tune you have here.. the finger picking outro was a very nice touch :thumb:

I'm with Rythameen that I would love to hear you take this one even further and expand on it.

I do the same with all of my original tunes. They are always in an eternal state of evolution LOL! So, if I ever say that I have finished a tune, you know I'm lying :p LOL!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha yeh ... I know what it's like for them to be constantly evolving ... this is the first I've had in a state where I feel ok with calling it complete. I actually have lyrics, and I think with the lyrics it works a bit better as a song than just as the guitar ... however I'm not against working on it more. =D

I'm happy with the outro, too. Not sure how I came up with it. I came up with a few of the parts two nights ago after more than a year of no ideas. :)

I'll see what else I can do with it. Thanks for the comment!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much. I will. :)

Got a bunch of incompletes floating around and being fiddled with whenever I pick up the guitar (every day). Fun watching (listening to) myself because I'm so new to this and don't know what to expect from myself as a songwriter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts