Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I felt like sharing this song. I was able to complete it in a day (which is unusual for me since I usually get stuck and end up throwing away a lot of songs). It's a really simple melody in C, please let me know what you think and where I could improve on it. Changed up the ending to be a bit more "Sweeter/Softer".

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
nice unique tone!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did u get that wonderful glassy lead tone?
perhaps u could make the ending a little more longer and more grand? if u know what i mean hehehe.. no big deal tho.. sounds great

very nice melody... i love it

·
Registered
574 Posts
Very nice tones. I like it alot alot. Thanks for posting it!!

Janell

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I like the piano on the backing track. Did you compose that or is it something you found??

Your guitar tone has almost a horn-like quality and other times violin-ish tone to it. Bits and pieces are a little reminscent of Eric Johnson. I'll repeat the request for your tone secrets??

Really, really cool instrumental. Nice work.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments.

I composed everything myself. The drums, piano and bass were done on a Boss DR-5 and I record everything straight into Sonar on my PC.

As far as the tone goes, ksdb- your absolutely correct. I was going for a mix of Satriani/Eric Johnson on my sound. I'm playing on my JS100 (factory pickups) and I'm using my Digitech RP-21. There is a factory sound called "Rocket Man", which is a saturated tube distortion. I added a mild chorus and upped the mids in the EQ. I played everything on the bridge pickup, the voicing is primarily on the 2nd and 3rd strings. So whenever I was repeating a certain part of the melody, I would play the same notes from the B string melody on the G string to get a different tonal quality.

Thanks again everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts