Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I decided to give this one a shot today. As with my other stuff, I did the vocal parts on guitar. (a situation you're forced into when you're a lousy singer:laugh:)

I got about 75% of it, but will likely finish up the rest sometime this week.

Attachments

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys.

Although I like the song, the "Frontiers" album indeed was a turning point for Journey that wasn't necessarily for the better. A lot of their earlier stuff I find to be somewhat timeless, but albums like "Frontiers" and "Raised On Radio" sound quite dated now.

"Raised On Radio" made me absolutely cringe. During this period, they canned Ross Valory and Steve Smith, and whipped out the flourescent sports jackets and really bad perms.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
::in best Elvis impression:: Uh, thank ya. Thank ya very much. :toothless

JD-I'll try to get the backing track on here before the end of the day or tomorrow.

(I'd love to hear one of the singers here do the vocals for this one, too)

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

Thanks, everyone.

And KC, that is one badass avatar......hahaha. Very cool.

Yes, it was Randy Jackson from "American Idol" who played bass for Journey as Valory's replacement.

To this day, I still question what Steve's reasoning was for it. (along with Ansley Dunbar replacing Steve Smith.) Steve is an incredible drummer. I've seen a clip of him and bassist Victor Wooten playing together that would simply make your jaw drop to the floor.

Jackson and Dunbar are no slouches at their instruments by any means, but I don't see what they contributed that Steve Smith and Ross Valory were incapable of.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

Thanks, fliyngv....I appreciate it.

KC-do any of the Journey DVD's you have show Neal Schon doing the "Star Spangled Banner" live in concert?

I have a video clip of it on my computer from their DirectTv concert they did back in 2000, but I was hoping it was available on DVD somewhere, so I could have a better quality version of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.