Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Tender Years" from one of the cheesiest 80's flicks of all time, "Eddie and the Cruisers".

Once again, I've done the vocals on guitar.....saxophone parts, as well.

Attachments

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
awesome track man! by the way,, i don't think the movie is cheesy. I did like eddie and the cruisers 2 better. killer backing where did you get this backing? your melodic lines fit this sooo smoothly from your guitar playing. excellent cover man! :icon_thum :rock: :rock:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I thought both the movies had quite a few laughable elements, but I loved them to death, anyway. I'll watch them both whenever they are on TV.

I especially loved Cafferty's "NYC Song" in the second one.

The backing track I made myself. I will post it in the backing tracks section very soon.

·
Registered
479 Posts
that was awsome bro :icon_thum didnt care for the second movie too much but i do like the music from both films

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey SDJ, with your playing ability, who needs vocals on this song? Great job! I love it. I'll be listening to it tonite w/my wife.:thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. :laugh:

It's a shame John Cafferty was slammed by critics as being a Springsteen ripoff. His band does have that E Street Band sound, but I don't hear too much of a vocal similarity between Cafferty and Bruce.

What I found amusing in the second movie was that the band played with a guy that looked (although he tried to disguise himself somewhat) and sounded like Eddie Wilson for all that time, but no one ever wondered if perhaps it was him. (although the sax player knew all along and didn't say anything until nearly the end)

Then, when they found it was him.....the reaction was rather non-chalant.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
linda said:
Not seen the movie...... but i like this... sounds great very very nice:icon_thum :icon_thum
Thank you.

Haven't seen the movies? They're a must see for anyone who likes music, even if the second one was kind of unrealistic.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Man,

All I got to say is

"Guitar & Music".........

SDJ218 you got it happenin pal!!!!

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
SD this was beautiful hun....and yes I love those flics!!!:icon_thum

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Sling Shot said:
VERY VERY VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just love it man!
pretty much what I was going to say :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts