Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son\'s first gig

Here's a video of my 14 year old son's first "gig". He wanted to play YYZ at a fundraiser I played for the United Way. This was the first time he had ever played in front of poeple (about 600). He's been playing for almost two years- it'll be 2 years at xmas. Anyhow, he and I are both interested in your comments.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
Re: My son\'s first gig

Well i've just watched the vid. I can't believe it man. For his first gig he doesn't look too nervous. My 1st gig I was shaking and I wasn't playing complex stuff like this and I was sixteen too. He is already an accomplished player at 14 so the world is his oyster. One to watch out for in the future. The young fella gets a
and a
from me

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts

That's amazing!!! R.O.T. your son is awesome! At 14...i had been playing 4 yrs and nothing this confident! For my first time playing out...I got through the night OK, but afterwards, I puked my guts out behind the bar...true story...Thanks for sharing this. He's very cool and confident and plays great man!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts

2 years?????? Jesus - this is one of the hardest rush songs to play on bass. As Phil and 3F both say, for a first gig this is astounding.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts

I hadn't heard YYZ before so I took a listen to the original. So, know I know where Primus stole the intro to John The Fisherman

I had no idea!
Anyway, awesome bass playing for having played less than 2 years! Great job!

·
Registered
631 Posts

Ain't it gr8 to play in a band with your son!!
My son was 14 when he did hid first gig at a bar ( Captian's Den) I'm sure you know it!! He wouldn't admit it but he was nervous. Can't wait to see him in about 5 years!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the comments- my kid hasn't read them yet since I am at work ONCE AGAIN......maybe one of these days I'll convince him to get on here and do some bass stuff. He was pretty nervous before we started playing, but as soon as we started he looked like he relaxed. and it would be nice to be in a band together, but we have a bass player, so my kid just sat in on a couple of songs. I appreciate you guys taking the time to watch and give some feedback.

G

·

he doesnt look to nervous, i think once you start it goes away. my first gig is in march and im nervous already. just thinkin about it i get nervous.

G

·

thanks you guys for commenting on my first gig (this is the bassist)
and ya maybe i will start putting more stuff on here

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

hey Randy- glad to see you decided to become a member- and no- it is not me creating new screen names- he's my kid, so we may have the same IP address because our computers are behind the same firewall- does that mean I am responsible for his behavior???? I don't want to be ETERNALLY labeled!!!!!

·
Registered
886 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
rockonthis21 said:
hey Randy- glad to see you decided to become a member- and no- it is not me creating new screen names- he's my kid, so we may have the same IP address because our computers are behind the same firewall- does that mean I am responsible for his behavior???? I don't want to be ETERNALLY labeled!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll be watching your votes next month

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts

Thats awesome !!! I love it ! I see stuff like this and it makes my day ! Makes me happy and thats what music is about ! Great job !!!!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts

This was killer!!!! Your son has incredible talent!!!
So, he at least inherited one thing from the old man, huh?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts