Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got back from my trip to the Akron guitar center(30 min.drive). The first guitar I picked up was a Schecter C-1 Blackjack. IT PLAYED ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Unfortunently he plugged me into a line 6 spider so I got gain without definition. The neck was amazing and the action was so low I doubt you could slide a dime under the strings. No fret buzz. Then I picked up a Gibson SG Special and plugged it into a fender hot rod deluxe...BIGGEST LET DOWN OF MY LIFE. The gibson "baseball bat" neck was horrible. Then the Fender HRD tube amp...I had the drive turned all the way up and that just added a little grit to chords so I pushed the more drive button...that made the thing so thin and shrill so I immediatly unplugged turned off and put the SG back. Unfortunetly the guitar i really want to try, a Schecter C-1 Artist LE, no music store can get because it is a MF exclusive. Also I asked the guy that worked at GC if it would be possible to put pup covers on the blackjack and he said no...funny I have heard on other forums of techs putting pup covers on.

I asked about the amp situation and he suggested a Vox AD50VT. I didn't have time to play it there but a store near me has 1.

What would you do...Buy the Schecter C-1 Artist LE on MF and take a chance of not liking it or buy the Schecter C-1 Blackjack? Also does anyone own a Vox AD50VT? How does it match up against normal solid state?

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I am a huge fan of Schecter guitars. I have owned two so far. I would just get the Blackjack that you played. You seemed very happy with it. Go back, try it again and if there is still love there then buy it. I am not into ordering a guitar online. I have to feel it and check it out from top to bottom. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might not ever be able to play the C-1 Artist LE cus I'm not permitted to buy a guitar online...I love those vector inlays.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Sheckter make awesome guitars .. i've only played a few , but they sound and feel great .. as for the fender hot rod deluxe .. it's not really an amp made for crazy distortion i use mine mainly for jazz and it has the best clean tone i've got out of anything PERIOD ! lol .. i use a bit of dirt just for blues etc .. turning it up to the max distortion wise will make it sound lousy .. very subtle amp that one ! ... guess it's all about musical styles etc ..

glad you enjoyed the tour though !

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I expected the amp to be super clean which was great for chord work and jazz but I couldn't even dial in some grit for blues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts